27. He's Adopted

Loki was handcuffed and escorted by dozens of S.H.I.E.L.D. authorities to a giant capsule, where he would be held, prisoner. Though imprisoned, Loki wore a huge grin on his face that only grew bigger when he spotted Bruce Banner working in his lab.

Unbeknownst to Banner, the glass confinement capsule was actually made for him, in case the Hulk was unleashed and rampaged through the entire jet.

Now locked up, he was joined by Fury who began interrogating him. The footage was broadcast live to you and the other team members—Banner, Natasha, Rogers, and Thor—who watched from the briefing room of the Helicarrier.

Fury threatened Loki explaining that if he was to try and escape, all it would take was the push of a button that would cause that floor to open up and drop him 30,000 feet, resulting in death.

"It's an impressive cage," Loki smirked through the glass, "Not built, I think, for me." He assumed.

Nick Fury, turned away from the control panel to face Loki, "Built for something a lot stronger than you," Fury admitted.

Loki smirks again, this time looking at the security that hung from the ceiling outside of the cell, "Oh, I've heard—"

"—the mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?"

I sat at the glass table that was also broadcasting the footage from the interrogation. Natasha was sat to my right, Steve to my left, Bruce was behind me and Thor stood front a few feet away from the other side of the table.

The entire room was silent, Loki's term of lost creatures must have hit everyone hard, Bruce, maybe the hardest. I twisted my head slightly, hoping to make eye contact with him but he continued to look down at the floor. Fury continued:

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close," the God of Mischief teased, "To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury smiled, "Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something."

Fury left after his comment and the screen went black, switching off. We sat in silence, no one daringly to break the quietness. Thor stood arms folded, he didn't even watch the video, he only listened but it was enough to get him thinking.

Banner was the first to disrupt the hush, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

"Loki's gonna drag this out," Steve concludes, "So, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor thinks for a moment before he unfolds his arms and takes a few steps closer, "He has an army called the Chitauri," he enlightened us, "They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army?" Steve asked perplexed. "From outer space?" Banner hopped in removing his glasses, "So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."