26. Reindeer Games

We'd been on the helicarrier for what seemed like hours trying to get coordinates for Clint Barton and the man who took the cosmic cube. In the meantime, I was given an old S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform to change into; a black bodysuit with cobalt blue stripes along the sides. It also had a utility belt which was a bonus, in there I placed the air-blade and a gun I had packed with me to use in Hong Kong.

I sashayed over to one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, known as Jasper Sitwell. I leaned over his desk, my body behind him as I put one hand on the back of his chair and the other on the computer desk. My sudden appearance startled him, but he straightened himself out as I asked him, "How far?"

"I think we've got a hit," he reveals. On the screen is a headshot of a man: porcelain skin, with long hair, gelled back from his face. He too had bright blue eyes.

Coulson and Rogers were immediately pulled from their conversation as Agent Sitwell informs them, "Sixty-seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy-nine percent." Coulson came over to the computer to take a look at what we'd found, "Location?" he asked.

"Stuttgart, Germany," I told him before Sitwell added, "28 Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding."

"Captain," all heads turned to Fury as he said, "You're up." Steve nodded immediately and went out to put on his new suit.

Stuttgart, Germany

Steve was instructed to confront the thief who was known as the God of Mischief, Loki Laufeyson. You and Agent Romanoff were sent up to the top of the helicarrier where you got in a Quinjet and shadowed Captain America if the backup was needed.

The plan was to arrest Loki, save Clint and Eric Selvig who were under mind control, and get the Tesseract back into trusted hands.

With the Helicarrier using reflective mirrors to virtually disappear, making the underside undetectable to the naked eye, the team was able to sneak up on Loki trying to control the German people.

There was a large crowd of hostages who were attending a gala at the Stuttgart museum. They were drinking, listening to a live orchestra, having a good time until Loki had shown up.

Loki had instructed the crowd of German's to kneel before him, "Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." He lectures.

However, one older man, stays standing refusing to kneel in front of Loki which leaves him stunned, "Not to men like you," the man said, standing to up the God of Mischief the way the other people could not.

"There are no men like me," Loki claimed most arrogantly.

"There are always men like you," the man replied, deep down he was terrified, but he knew he needed to stand up to the god the way the others couldn't.

"Look to your elder, people," Loki threatened the rest of the kneeling crowd, "Let him be an example."

Loki lifts his scepter to the man ready to blast him when all of a sudden, Captain America drops in front of him to block the blast with his shield. The blast bounced off the vibranium and hit Loki, knocking him to the ground.