FORTY

Jungkook watched Taehyung stare at the leaves on the treetops with dim eyes. His heart couldn't help but become alarmed. He said, "Mister."

"Mister, what are you thinking about?"

"I know that you really want to leave me." 

Jungkook said, "But that is out of the question." He held Taehyung's ice-cold hand and said, "You can't leave me. No matter where you go, I will come to find you."

Jungkook watched as Taehyung's eyes dimmed. He didn't know just what it was that he had said wrong to cause him to have such intense emotional fluctuations.

Taehyung said, "Jungkook, I have not wronged you in any way."

Jungkook said, "En."

Taehyung said, "So, treat Eunji well."

Jungkook had originally thought that Taehyung wanted him to let him go but didn't expect Taehyung to suddenly mention Eunji.

Jungkook said, "I regard her as my real sister. I will make you happy."

Taehyung gave Jungkook a look that was too profound to be understood and let out a light laugh.

Jungkook just took it as him being ridiculed and simply did not take it seriously.

As a result, a week later, a gun was pointed at his head by Eunji. "Jungkook, what on earth did you do to my father?!" Eunji's gun rested heavily against Jungkook's forehead. Her eyes were full of rage and judging from the gnashing of her teeth, her fingers were itching to directly pull the trigger.

Confronted with the threat of death Jungkook's expression was calm. He lightly said, "Eunji, do you know what you are doing?"

"Of course I know!!" Eunji shouted. "Dad getting that strange illness at that time, was it because of you?"

Jungkook looked at her coldly.

"You two-faced beast!" She looked at his indifferent expression and her entire person almost blew her top. She said, "Just how did my father treat you in the past several years? Everyone with eyes had seen it. What about you? Is this how you repay his kindness towards you? Jungkook, you're really something! Even the cruel and unscrupulous won't be as excessive as this."

There was a faint bit of disdain in Jungkook's eyes. However, he chose to continue to provoke Eunji and said with a smile, "Even if it's like this, so what?"

Upon hearing this Eunji lifted her hand and used the butt of the gun to heavily strike his head.

A wound was smashed onto Jungkook's head, blood flowing down his cheek and finally dripping down his chin. He lowered his eyes and his eyelashes trembled——If Eunji hadn't heard what he had just said with her own ears, she feared that she would have thought him innocent when she saw him.

Was Jungkook innocent? How could he be innocent!

Eunji thought of the traces on her dad's body. It was difficult to think about how much harm and humiliation her father had suffered from the seemingly innocent man before her eyes.

Jungkook whose face was covered with blood from being hit, however, laughed.

"What are you laughing at!" Eunji's heart was full of agitation. She said, "Another fucking laugh and this woman will shoot you!"

Jungkook said, "Eunji, shoot."

Her eyes widened.

"Shoot." Jungkook smiled gently, just like a siren that tempted sailors from within the ocean mist. He said, "If you kill me, your father will be free."