THIRTY-NINE

Seeing her father's expression, Eunji rushed to change the topic so she asked very loudly, "Dad, how come your lips are broken?"

It was unknown what Taehyung thought about but his face became darker.

Eunji wasn't a pure child who didn't know anything. The more she looked the fishier it seemed. She asked, "Dad, are you going to find me a new mother? She's too coarse and wild...... How come there are strawberries behind your ears?"

Eunji hastily showed her attitude and said, "Dad. If you want to ask then ask."

Hence Taehyung taught Eunji a good lesson.

In fact, besides being unable to see her dad, Eunji lived pretty well. Jungkook wanted to wash the Kim family industries white, so there were naturally some who were not willing. Consequently, some people began to make moves on Eunji.

However, Jungkook never let Eunji fall into a dangerous situation even once.

He protected Eunji and allowed her to peacefully attend school and peacefully fall in love, shielding her from all trials and hardships.

Taehyung could feel Eunji's happiness——She really liked her boyfriend and even intended to marry him.

Taehyung asked them when they were planning on getting the certificate.

Eunji stammered that they planned on going next month.

Taehyung said, "So if I didn't come to ask, you just weren't going to tell me is that right?"

Eunji said, "Dad, is it not because I'm afraid that you'd be angry......"

Taehyung looked at Eunji, his gaze was somewhat complicated. He was already keenly aware that Eunji was not suitable for participating in the Kim family affairs. Although she had grown up a lot, when all was said and done, she had been pampered as she grew up. If she was allowed to participate like this, perhaps even her bones would not remain after being swallowed up by those people.

Looking at this, Taehyung knew that she was happy right now.

It was only when Taehyung was leaving that Eunji's boyfriend came out, calling him Uncle.

Taehyung then said, "Take good care of her."

That man nodded.

Taehyung said, "Let's go back."

Jungkook agreed.

After the two left. Eunji sat on the sofa in a daze. She said, "Why do I feel like that when Dad was smiling, he seemed to be crying?"

The boyfriend said, "He probably didn't want to let you go."

"And it's very strange," Eunji said. "Dad hasn't sought out a woman in a long time..... Why is it that as soon as he came back...... And he's being restricted by Jungkook as well."

The boyfriend's expression was a little bit tangled and he seemed to be deliberating whether he should say something or not.

Eunji said, "I just feel that Dad isn't happy."

The boyfriend rubbed her head and asked quietly, "That Jungkook, what's his relationship with your father?"

Eunji said, "He was raised up by my father since he was small...... When Dad went to treat his illness before, it was him who took care of the Kim family and he didn't let me meet my Dad..... What's wrong?"

The boyfriend said with hesitation. "Have you ever thought that Jungkook....... might have..... Some thoughts he shouldn't have towards your Father?" Eunji's attention was all on Taehyung but he instead had noted Jungkook's peculiarity. The look in Jungkook's eyes was that of a man who knew everything.

Eunji forced a laugh when she heard this, "It, it can't be, it's too ridiculous——" However, when she finished saying this, she remembered the marks she had just seen on Taehyung's body and her face instantly turned white.

"Eunji?" The boyfriend asked, "Are you all right?"

"It-it's impossible——" Eunji's eyes widened, an incomparable horror on her face. "How could they, Dad, Dad is being forced!"

After she said this she wanted to go out and give chase but was pulled back by her boyfriend. He said, "Calm down first. Even if you go out and ask, you won't be able to get a result!"

Only then did Eunji regain her state of mind. She went back to the sofa and sat down again. "Right, you're right......" She had to be calm to be able to understand everything.

Taehyung's mind was a little exhausted. The suppository in his body had dissolved into liquid and made him feel a little uncomfortable.

Jungkook had held back for so many years. Wanting him to moderate himself was simply impossible. Especially these few days of opening the meat. Jungkook itched to tear Taehyung apart and devour him into his stomach piece by piece.

Taehyung's body was going to fall apart from being tossed from side to side and he even had the illusion that he would die in bed.

When Jungkook came in, he saw that Taehyung was in a daze.

He softly called, "Mister."

However, he saw a sliver of fear appear in Taehyung's eyes.

Jungkook said, "Mister, don't be afraid. We won't do it today." The doctor had come yesterday and said that if he continued to do it, he didn't need to call a doctor, but instead could directly drag him out and bury him.

Although Jungkook was a little reluctant, he was also aware of striking a balance between work and rest.

Jungkook said, "Would you like to go out for a walk?"

Taehyung said lowly, "No." He simply couldn't move at all.

Who would have imagined that Jungkook would magically conjure a wheelchair, as if he knew what he was thinking, and then he said with all smiles, "Mister, I'll push you out, all right?"

Taehyung said coldly, "I don't want to go."

Jungkook said, "But it's snowing outside......" Snow in this city was simply a marvel. In Jungkook's memories, he had only seen it once in his childhood.

Taehyung still showed opposition.

However, Jungkook turned to take Taehyung's overcoat and said, "Mister, just listen to me this one time okay?"

Taehyung's expression was still sombre and he did not move as he watched Jungkook put his coat over his shoulders.

Jungkook said, "I like snow the best."

Taehyung listened to his big talk and remembered that Jungkook, this little bastard, hated winter the most because as soon as it was winter, his skin would dry and chap to the point of bleeding——No amount of maintenance was helpful.

There were tears on Jungkook's skin this year as well. However, it wasn't serious at all. Nearly all of them were on his fingers, ears, lips, and other such places——So from their outward appearances, Taehyung and Jungkook unexpectedly matched. They both looked like they had been beaten up.

The snow outside was not heavy but there was already a layer of snow on the ground.

Jungkook pushed him out. Taehyung sat in the wheelchair and felt like he was a fatally sick patient in a Korean soap opera. He looked at the sparse leaves remaining on the treetops and simply wanted to say something like: When the leaves fall, perhaps my life will come to an end——And other such actor lines.