SIXTEEN

On New Year's Eve, the sound of fireworks and firecrackers slit ears.

Taehyung stood on the balcony smoking a cigarette as he watched the small children down below go wild.

Jungkook also came over and called, "Mister Kim."

Taehyung responded with an 'en' but did not turn his head.

"Is Mister Kim not cold wearing so little?" Taehyung had taken off his windbreaker and was wearing a grey V-neck sweater. Even through the thick winter attire, the beautiful curve of his body could be made out. Especially his thin waist and slender legs.

Taehyung hung his eyes and said insipidly, "Not cold."

Jungkook pursed his lips, then suddenly reached out and touched Taehyung's hand. Feeling the bone-chilling cold on his skin, he said quietly, "Mister is lying."

There was a smile in Taehyung's eyes. "It's really not cold......"

Jungkook didn't speak. He went back into the house and brought Taehyung's overcoat out, draping it over him.

Taehyung did not refuse. He put out his cigarette and asked, "Which university do you plan on attending?"

Jungkook said, "En...... K University."

Taehyung was slightly stunned. "What department?"

Jungkook said, "The business department."

Taehyung said, "With your grades, is it not too much of a pity to attend K University?"

Jungkook said, "K University is close to home. I'd hate to part with Mister." He was completely different from his usual as cold as ice and frost appearance. Taehyung hadn't expected that Jungkook could also act so coquettish.

K University was the city's university. Although it was a first-tier university, it couldn't count as the best. With Jungkook's grades, he could go to the best school in the country. Attending this school would be a waste.

Taehyung said, "I won't advise you." Jungkook has always been a person with plans. Thinking so, Taehyung didn't plan on urging him and instead said, "But you need to think clearly. This choice will only happen once."

Jungkook's eyes curved slightly as he showed a smiling expression. He said, "Mister, I know."

Seeing his appearance, Taehyung thought that sure enough, his daughter's aesthetics were similar to his. They both liked people who looked good. Moreover, Jungkook's looks classified as the sort that was especially handsome——this kind of person, even if he made a mistake, you would forgive him so long as he was a little aggrieved.

As soon as the year passed, Jungkook and Eunji started school again.

Taehyung had originally thought that they would become third years and pass the college entrance exams peacefully without any waves. However, something happened all of a sudden——An enemy that had been forced into the corner by Taehyung unexpectedly found Eunji's school and brought more than a dozen people to tie her up.

Taehyung usually sent three to four people to watch over Eunji. When these people saw that the turn of events wasn't good, they hurriedly called Taehyung, who immediately had more than a dozen people go over and see.

As a result, when he arrived, things had already settled down. Eunji was fine, but Jungkook had been sent to the hospital after being cut two times.

Taehyung was angered to the extreme. He said coldly, "Bring that dozen of people back to me. Disaster falls short of the household. I will let them who broke this precept know, who the miserable one will be in the end."

Eunji's expression could unexpectedly still be counted as calm. She sat in the hospital corridor and upon seeing Taehyung coming over, called out a 'Dad'.

"Were you frightened?" Taehyung reached out and hugged her.

"I'm fine." Eunji looked worried. She said, "Jungkook hyung got hurt."

"En." Taehyung kissed her on the top of her head. He said, "You need to be a bit smarter. Eunji, if something happens to you, Dad won't be able to stand it."

Eunji sighed. After a moment of silence, she said, "Dad, teach me some self-defence skills."

"Okay." Taehyung agreed.

Jungkook suffered through two knife wounds. The fortune in this misfortune was that neither of these cuts struck any vital parts and they were all flesh injuries. When he was pushed out of the operation room, Taehyung and Eunji surrounded him.

Jungkook's anaesthetic hadn't yet faded. His face seemed somewhat pale as he said, "Mister."

"Does it hurt?" Taehyung asked. "What happened? How did you get hurt?"

Before Eunji spoke, Jungkook said, "My luck wasn't too good. I went over to find Eunji after hearing what had happened and accidentally ran into that wave of people."

Taehyung knit his brows. "You fought a dozen of people yourself?" If Jungkook wanted to run away, perhaps no one would be able to stop him.

"Dad." Eunji said. "Hyung did it to protect me." When she said this, her mood was very downcast.

Jungkook said, "I'm fine. Neither of these knife wounds is deep, nor did they injure my bones or muscles. I'll be fine after two months."

Taehyung said, "En." He didn't console Jungkook. In the final analysis, this affair was his own fault. He had passed his days too comfortably and actually forgot about his own precarious situation.

Although it was said that disaster fell short of the household in the underworld, there were inevitably a few that didn't play by the rules. Taehyung had relaxed his guard too much.

"I will send down more people to watch your school." Taehyung said. "If you see that the situation isn't right, you must call them——Don't rush to tell me, I am too far away from you two."

Eunji asked, "Dad, was this how you lived before?"

Taehyung laughed when he heard this and said, "Silly girl, your Dad was the one who chased and cut down others."

Eunji knit her brows and seemed to be sullen.

Taehyung said, "Enough, heal your wounds well."

This was a critical time for learning and Jungkook's injuries inevitable affected this. Taehyung simply found him a special teacher to let him study from home.

Jungkook received Taehyung's good intentions——He had received too many things from Taehyung. The two words, 'thank you', seemed to be too flimsy.

Although Taehyung invited specialized caregivers to take care of Jungkook, he still accompanied Jungkook at home when he didn't have any matters to do.

The injured Jungkook was not as cold and firm as he usually was. On the contrary, the somewhat weak him had a little more character.

Taehyung sat next to him and handled matters on the computer.