THIRTY-TWO

The experts came and went and it was soon winter vacation. Taehyung's illness, however, showed no sign of alleviating. He continued to sleep all day long. If it weren't for the fact that his complexion was still rosy, perhaps there would be people suspecting that he would just sleep and die like that.

From his initial panic, Jungkook gradually calmed down and began to accept Taehyung's symptoms.

With Taehyung's support, he began to gradually take over the Kim family's affairs. Although he was just crossing the threshold, he knew that the day wouldn't be too far off.

Currently, the only trouble was how this should be explained to Eunji who was coming home for winter vacation.

Taehyung wasn't there to pick her up when she came home this time which already made her a little surprised. When she got home and heard that her dad was sleeping, her first reaction was, "What happened to Dad?"

Jungkook, with a calm expression, explained the recent events to Eunji.

Eunji had indignation written across her entire face. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Insisting on waiting until I came home to tell me?"

Jungkook said, "Mister didn't want to let you be worried."

Eunji said angrily, "Not let me be worried? I am his daughter, on what grounds should I not be let to worry?"

Jungkook lowered his eyes and said, "Eunji, calm down a bit."

The more Eunji spoke the angrier she became and her tears began to fall unexpectedly. "Did you never consider, what I would think if something happened to Dad?"

Jungkook said, "Mister will be alright."

Eunji no longer continued to speak and was so angry she directly slammed the door and left.

Jungkook looked at the view of her back and sighed softly——Who knew if it was fortunate or unfortunate, but Taehyung had pampered this daughter too well and this instead of letting him off cheap.

It was unknown what he thought of, but the always expressionless Jungkook exposed a brilliant smile. Taehyung still didn't know that Eunji had returned.

After he woke up and looked at his wristwatch, he realized that it was already past two in the afternoon.

As a result, when he arrived at the bottom of the floor, he saw Eunji sitting there with a gloomy face. Taehyung asked with surprise, "Eunji, how come you've returned?"

Eunji slammed the remote control in her hand onto the tea table and said very fiercely, "Is it that if I don't come back, you just won't tell me that something happened at home?!"

Taehyung pretended to be confused, "What happened at home?"

Eunji gnashed her teeth and said, "Pretend, you're still pretending?"

He said helplessly, "I'm fine."

She walked over with a few steps and reached out her arms to hug Taehyung.

Taehyung sighed, "You're already so big yet still act so spoiled." Although he said this, he also reached out his hands and gave Eunji a heavy hug.

She hugged Taehyung firmly and rested her chin against his shoulders. After a moment, she said with a muffled voice, "Daddy, you've gotten thin."

Taehyung patted her on the head and said, "Be good." 

Eunji said, "Dad, let's go abroad to see a doctor."

Taehyung said, "No, Dad's really good."

After he said this, Eunji remained silent for half a day and after a while, he realized that she was crying.

Eunji said, "Daddy, you have to be fine."

Taehyung felt a tremor in his heart and said, "Eunji dear, Dad will be fine."

Eunji, however, broke away from Taehyung's arms and said, "I know that you are worried about these things. You go out at ease, I will do it, okay?"

Taehyung stared at her for a long time and then finally said, "Okay."

Eunji finally showed a smile.

Later, Jungkook learned that Eunji had managed to persuade Taehyung. For a time, he couldn't tell what he was feeling. He had also entreated Taehyung piteously to go abroad for an examination but Taehyung had refused him without a doubt. However, once this matter was placed upon Eunji, it changed.

"Hyung?" Eunji's tone was somewhat doubtful as she said, "Did you hear what I said?"

Only then did Jungkook snap out of it and he softly agreed.

There was sadness on Eunji's forehead. She said, "The family business still relies on you as a big pillar. If there's something that I could help with...... You have to tell me."

Jungkook nodded, "You don't need to worry about this, it's fine as long as you attend school properly." 

Eunji sighed lowly but no longer spoke.

After Taehyung agreed to go abroad, the itinerary was immediately arranged.

Jungkook accompanied him to America and set up arrangements for what was said to be the most developed hospital for the study of the brain in the world.

According to Jungkook's words, "Let's first check out the brain. If nothing can be found, then let's go to other places."

Taehyung just listened and didn't really want to speak.

Jungkook and Taehyung sat side by side. Upon seeing Taehyung like this, he unexpectedly couldn't help but grab Taehyung's hand heavily. Seeing Taehyung look at him doubtfully, he said with a tremble, "Mister definitely has to be fine."

Taehyung was somewhat bewildered by his appearance, so he did not break free and just nodded slightly.

This one hold lasted the entire journey. It was only until they needed to get off the car to get on the private airplane that he reluctantly let go.

Taehyung's drowsiness came once again and he began to doze off on the plane.

Seeing him like this, Jungkook whispered, "Mister go ahead and sleep."

Taehyung couldn't control himself and closed his eyes, sinking into a deep sleep.

Later, he didn't even know how he had gotten off the plane or crossed customs. When he woke up again, he was in a completely unfamiliar house. Jungkook was standing on the balcony and held a mobile phone in his hand, seemingly calling people. When he heard Taehyung wake up, he turned to him and showed a gentle smile.

The sun was setting at this time and the sunset that wasn't glaring sprayed on his cheek. Taehyung's vision was very good and he could even faintly see the shadows cast by Jungkook's eyelashes.

He was so young and handsome, and it appeared like there were still countless beautiful things waiting for him in his life. After Jungkook finished his call, he came in and said that the kitchen had prepared food for Taehyung and asked him what he wanted to eat.

Taehyung said, "Anything." He had never been nitpicky about food.

Jungkook issued an 'en' and soon after, brought in a just boiled porridge. He said, "Mister, something happened on the other side, I will go back first."

Taehyung nodded.

Jungkook said, "The arrangements with the hospital have already been made and you can be admitted for an examination tomorrow." His expression was somewhat forbearing. "Mister, if something happens, you must tell me."

Taehyung responded carelessly.