SEVENTEEN

After getting wounded, bathing became a problem. The nursers had helped him in the past but this time the nurses weren't around. Yet, Jungkook unexpectedly said that he wanted to take a bath.

Taehyung was stunned and said, "Wash now?"

Jungkook nodded.

Taehyung said, "Your wounds must not come in contact with water......" He thought of how Jungkook broke his leg before because of Eunji and smiled somewhat helplessly. "I really should apologize to you. You are always getting hurt on account of Eunji."

Jungkook said lowly, "It's alright. I'm willing."

Taehyung knew that there were no feelings between men and women between Jungkook and Eunji. In Jungkook's words, he only regarded Eunji as his own younger sister.

Taehyung used plastic wrap to cover Jungkook's injuries. The wounds were on his back, just a few inches short of his neck.

Seeing these, Taehyung had some lingering fears.

After wrapping up his wounds, Taehyung helped Jungkook into the bathroom.

Jungkook had already fully grown up. His skin was different from Taehyung's olive skin. Rather, he was paler and looked very healthy.

His frame was larger than Taehyung's as well. Almost every part of his body looked perfect.

Jungkook was undisturbed and took off his clothes all at once. He said, "Mister."

Within the mist, Jungkook's voice became somewhat hoarse. He said, "Mister, how about you go out first. I can do it alone."

Taehyung said with hesitation, "But your back......"

Jungkook said, "It's fine."

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and once again confirmed, "You're really fine?"

Jungkook shook his head. Taehyung only took it as him being embarrassed and said, "Alright then. If anything's the matter, call me." He got up after saying this and went out, closing the door of the washroom smoothly as well.

Jungkook watched Taehyung leave, then laughed at himself. "Really useless."——Taehyung had rolled up his sleeves when helping him turn on the water. He had simply caught sight of a fair and clean elbow and actually got a reaction already.

Who knew if Taehyung would feel particularly disgusted if he saw that the child he had painstakingly raised was actually so dirty.

Jungkook submerged his face into the water, his two hands relieving himself heavily. See, his expression was so impatient and seemed to even disgust himself.

When Taehyung helped Jungkook out of the washroom, he smelled a strange smell.

It was the same smell that was in Jungkook's room before. Suddenly understanding, his ears turned somewhat red. Jungkook didn't take note of Taehyung's anomalies. He was still forcible repressing those thoughts that he shouldn't have.

He was a youngster after all. Taehyung thought somewhat helplessly, in a few more years, he would find a girlfriend and then should probably be fine——Only, there would always be a sort of 'my family's son has grown up' feeling of regret and sourness.

Jungkook didn't know what Taehyung was thinking about. If he knew, he would probably grab Taehyung heavily and say, word by word, 'Mister, I won't find a girlfriend. I will never look for one in my lifetime.'

This injury lasted a few months before Jungkook returned to school.

That dozen of people who cut Jungkook were found. When the main boss of the situation saw Taehyung, he wet his pants on the spot. He kowtowed as he apologized, saying that he was as blind as a bat and had provoked Master Kim.

Taehyung said coldly, "Whatever the rule of the underworld is, is how you'll be dealt with."

As soon as the man heard this, his tears flowed down and he tried to beg for mercy.

Taehyung said, "Drag him away."

His men moved and dragged down the main boss of the affair.

The remaining dozen of people were as scared as chickens. When they saw Taehyung's eyes sweep over them, their thighs trembled. "You are all very bold." Taehyung shook the ashes off his cigarette and said coldly, "Was it that my mood has been too good recently that you got the illusion that my temperament is also good?"

More or less, that dozen of people began to sob.

Taehyung said in disgust, "You should be glad that nothing serious happened. If something did——Not even your dozen of dog lives will be enough to pay for it."

"Master Kim. Master Kim, we don't know anything." Someone contented. "We only accepted money to do work. If we knew that it was Master Kim's people, we wouldn't dare do it even if we were given a hundred guts."

Taehyung ignored him but his eyes became a few degrees colder and he let out a mocking sneer.

That man quickly shut his mouth and shrank into his shoulders.

Taehyung said, "Where is your boss?"

No one dared to speak.

Taehyung said, "Take them downstairs. Don't kill them. When they are willing to tell me where their boss is, call me over."

"Master Kim, Master Kim, we really don't know——" Someone was still begging.

Taehyung said, "Oh, then there's no need to call me over." He left once he finished saying this, not giving the people another chance to contend.

Even if Taehyung himself were injured, he wouldn't have gotten as angry as he did when he saw Jungkook get injured by others. Whether it was Eunji or Jungkook, he had watched them both grow up little by little. Hurting them hurt Taehyung's soul even more.

Taehyung had originally thought that Jungkook's grades would be affected by this incident. However, contrary to his expectation, when the grades came back at the end of the term, Jungkook had unexpectedly taken back his throne of being first.

This time, it was Eunji's turn to be depressed.

At the dinner table, Taehyung laughed, "The current results don't really count for much, the college entrance exam is the final threshing floor."

"Dad." Eunji said, "When the college entrance exams are done, I want to go train with Hyung."

Taehyung said, "No."

"Why?" Eunji said. "I want to be like Hyung!" The little girl had grown up as well. Her stature was very sweet, fair, and graceful. She was very beautiful and attracted a lot of attraction just by walking on the streets——If Taehyung was willing to throw his daughter that looked like this into a training camp filled with only men, then that would be a strange thing.

Taehyung said in dead earnest, "That place doesn't accept female members." Actually, they did.

Eunji knit her brows, "Then what can I do?"

Taehyung said, "First learn the basic foundation fighting skills. If you really did go there with your physical condition, you would be sent back not even a few days later."

Eunji pouted, a little unwilling but had no other choice either.

Jungkook sat at the side peacefully, smiling. He generally didn't speak much, but this sort of smile would only appear if his mood fluctuated greatly——In Taehyung's words, even if it was a piece of wood, it would bloom flowers.