ELEVEN

It seemed like it was only at this time that Jungkook showed the softness and fragility of a child. He cried, "Mom, Mom, wake up...... look at me again, Mom....."

Taehyung walked over, took him into his arms and patted him on the shoulder to soothe him, "Good boy, it's all right."

Jungkook clutched Taehyung as if he was grabbing at his last straw. His tears soaked Taehyung's shoulder, unable to say a single word.

"It's all right, be good." Taehyung said, "If you feel bad then cry, I am here."

Jungkook cried loudly, falling apart. The only family member in his life left him in such an abrupt way.

The driver who had hit Jungkook's mother had been driving under the influence of alcohol. The circumstances were very bad and he had already been arrested by the police. However, even if he was sentenced heavily, Jungkook's mother would not come back.

The air in the mortuary was very cold. Taehyung didn't know how long Jungkook had cried for. In any case, Jungkook's voice only softened when his entire body became stiff.

Taehyung saw his eyes close slowly, seeming like he had exhausted all his strength and then fell asleep.

With a light sigh in his heart, Taehyung carried Jungkook out. After exiting the mortuary, he found out that they had been inside for more than ten hours.

"Notify the little miss." Taehyung kneaded the corners of his eyes, "Tell her to come quickly."

"Yes." The subordinate answered.

When Eunji arrived, Jungkook had already fallen asleep on the hospital bed.

Taehyung sat on a chair in the corridor. Seeing the covered in sweat Eunji, he passed over a paper towel.

Eunji randomly wiped a few times, asking impatiently, "Daddy, how is Jungkook?"

"All right." Taehyung said, "Stay here and accompany him."

"Okay." Eunji nodded her expression a little uneasy. "Why did something like this happen so suddenly?"

"Eunji." Taehyung said, "Calm down a bit. Accidents like this, no one can expect them."

Eunji hugged Taehyung's arm.

"Just like me." Taehyung rubbed her head. "If I am unable to protect you anymore one day, you need to be a bit stronger. Do you understand?" Their line of work was simply licking blood off the edge of the knife. A single careless mistake would lead to falling off the cliff.

Eunji shook her head and said, "Nothing will happen to Daddy, don't talk like this!"

Taehyung said, "En, Jungkook seems to have woken up, you go in and take a look."

Eunji nodded and said okay.

This summer vacation, although the two of them did very well on their high school entrance exams, they were doomed to pass it very depressingly.

The funeral was handled by Taehyung. In a short ten days, Jungkook had thinned down significantly and carried his mother's urn as he walked in the front.

After the burial, Taehyung did not disturb him and gave him some time to be alone with his mother.

After the funeral, Taehyung asked him, "Jungkook, do you want to be my foster son?"

The identity of Jungkook's foster son, if placed in the underworld, then perhaps countless people would rush like ducks.

But in the end, Jungkook refused Taehyung's proposal. He said, "Master Kim, I just want to follow you to work." But I don't want to be your child.

Taehyung saw this and did not insist. However, he still brought him back to the Kim residence. The place that Jungkook and his mother lived in was only a rental house. Since his mother had passed, letting Jungkook live there alone was too sad.

Moreover, Taehyung wanted to raise Jungkook at his side. He was afraid this child would grow askew when he wasn't watching.

After that, Eunji and Jungkook both filled in their desired high school.

Eunji still insisted on her choice and went to the closed school, with Jungkook. 

However, Taehyung made it clear that Eunji had to go home once every week and not skip classes. If he found that she skipped classes, then she could not go to this school anymore.

Although Eunji was unwilling to be managed so closely, she could see that her father was not joking when saying these things and could only unhappily agree.

In contrast, Jungkook was expressionless the entire time——ever since his mother passed away, the number of expressions this child made had decreased so much it was frightening.

"Jungkook." Taehyung said to him, "Watch over Eunji a bit more at school. She's been spoiled by me too much and I fear that something will happen if I'm not there."

Junkook said yes.

There were only about ten days left of summer vacation. Taehyung asked them how they planned on spending it.

Eunji said she wanted to go abroad to play.

But Jungkook said, "I want to learn by Mister Kim's side."

Thus things were settled like this. Taehyung arranged for people to bring Eunji to Hawaii. The day before she left, Eunji was still telling Jungkook to go with her.

Jungkook said, "Go on and have a good time. Don't think about me."

Eunji saw that she couldn't persuade him and could only say, "Okay then, Jungkook, I'll bring a gift back for you."

"En." Jungkook nodded, "Go ahead."

Taehyung didn't waste time either and began to take Jungkook to make contact with the most basic things. For example guns, fighting skills, and some necessary survival training."

Jungkook studied very earnestly like he was trying to forget those bad memories by learning. He often got up before 5 o'clock and went to bed at 12 o'clock in the evening.

Taehyung didn't advise him either but told the cook at home to make some tonic soup to prevent the nourishment of Jungkook's body from being unable to keep up.