TWO

This was Eunji's first time seeing her father eating a popsicle.

"There's still this much. Who are you giving to?" Taehyung asked.

"I, I came to do a good deed," Eunji told a lie that nobody believed. She stammered, "I..... am giving it to the workers on the construction site."

Taehyung said, "Go then."

Eunji's already wide-open eyes became even wider. She didn't expect that her father would be so calm after finding out that she skipped class and didn't plan on continuing to question her.

"If you still don't go then it'll melt." Taehyung said, "Go on."

Before her father changed her mind, Eunji nodded heavily and ran towards the crowd. However, this time, she didn't dare give Jeon Jungkook any special treatment and obediently distributed the popsicles before obediently returning to Taehyung's side. Oh, it had been forgotten to be mentioned, but Jeon Jungkook was that good-for-nothing she fell for.

"Done?" Taehyung's attitude was very calm.

"Done." Eunji nodded like she was pounding garlic, afraid that Taehyung would see what was wrong if he stayed here any longer. She said, "Father, it's too hot outside....... let's go back."

Taehyung glanced at Eunji and said, "Okay, go back."

The air conditioning in the car was ample, but there was still sweat on Eunji's face. Evidently, this young girl still hadn't relaxed at all and had been sweating cold sweat as she thought about how she could explain this.

Taehyung was silent the entire way home and it wasn't until they arrived that the stagnant atmosphere made Eunji feel stiffed. She said, "F-father, I was wrong, I shouldn't have skipped class."

Taehyung glanced at her and rubbed her head.

"I shouldn't skip class." Eunji mumbled and sputtered, "But I understand everything that the teacher is teaching, and you won't let me skip grades either."

Taehyung sighed, "Didn't you just skip into this grade."

Eunji said, "But I didn't think that they would be so stupid!"

Eunji was only fifteen, in the middle of puberty, thinking that everything was interesting, curious about everything.

This age was when they were the most rebellious. Whatever the parents said she mustn't do, she would do the opposite and do it instead.

"I saw that there were a lot of children on the construction site today," Taehyung said neither hurriedly nor slowly.

Eunji was shocked and there was a bit of fluster in her eyes, but she quickly calmed herself and pretended to not understand, "Yeah, they seemed like they had a lot of child labourers on the site."

"En, I'll tell their boss to stop hiring child labourers," Taehyung said.

"Ah?" Eunji hadn't thought that her father would suddenly say that. If she caused Jungkook to lose his job, then that wasn't helping but harming him!

"And perhaps give them an easier one instead." said Taehyung helplessly, "At least not such heavy work." Some children's families really were extremely short on money and even if they were driven out, they would soon go to another place to look for employment. Working on the construction site wasn't safe and was hard work. Letting these children do it wasn't appropriate.

Eunji was insanely delighted. She directly clasped Taehyung's face and gave two kisses saying, "Daddy!! I love you the most!"

"You." Only in the face of this daughter did Taehyung show a softness that belonged to a father. She was his precious daughter, he would definitely hate to let her suffer hardship.

Eunji was very happy with her father's sensibility and was still humming when she got off the car.

After Taehyung saw her go through the door, he said to the people standing next to him, "Go investigate that man named Jeon Jungkook."

If Taehyung wanted to understand his daughter's sweetheart, he needed to investigate it carefully himself.

In less than two days, the information pertaining to Jungkook was sent over. Taehyung looked through it and sighed, this child had a bitter fate.

Jungkook's mother was a teacher but she got pregnant prior to marriage and had to raise Jungkook alone. To society more than a decade ago, this was unacceptable, so Jungkook's mother lost her job and began to receive scatological insults from society.

Even though Jungkook didn't have a father, his mother loved him very much, so his life was still pretty good. Until three years ago, his mother became disabled from an accident and Jungkook's life got more difficult.

He had to study, work, and take care of his mother.