TWENTY-EIGHT

Although Jungkook had woken up, his situation was very bad.

He constantly tugged at the corner of Taehyung's clothes, refusing to let go no matter what, which brought about a lot of trouble when getting his examination.

Taehyung asked the doctor what was going on.

The doctor replied somewhat embarrassed, "Perhaps his fever ran too long and damaged his brain......"

Taehyung's brows furrowed. "Damaged his brain? Didn't you say before that his physical indicators were fine?"

The doctor said, "It's really our first time seeing such a situation......."

Fortunately, this situation did not last too long. After most of the examinations were finished, Jungkook drowsily fell asleep. However, this time, he no longer had a fever and no other symptoms showed on his body.

From his appearance, his fever had withdrawn for the most part.

Taehyung and Eunji stood in the ward, both of their complexions very grave.

Eunji said quietly, "Dad, don't worry too much."

Taehyung issued an 'en' and said, "It's fine, even if he becomes foolish, our Kim family will still raise him for a lifetime."

Eunji sighed lowly.

Taehyung said, "Jungkook is fine now, go and have a good rest. You've been in the hospital for so many days now."

Eunji wanted to refuse but noticed Taehyung's expression. When her father had this expression, it meant that the matter wouldn't be discussed.

So Eunji just agreed and obediently went back home to rest.

Taehyung sat in the ward and kept watch over Jungkook. He had almost never stopped to sleep or rest during these past few days. Now, although there were still many matters in his mind, his body finally relaxed a little.

He sat on the chair and just like this, fell asleep in a daze.

When Taehyung woke up, he was given a great shock by the person standing before him. He sprung to his feet suddenly, saying, "Jungkook, you've woken up."

Jungkook didn't speak. He looked at Taehyung with a complicated expression that Taehyung wasn't able to understand. After a long time, these complicated emotions finally merged to become the admiration and respect that Taehyung was familiar with. He called out in a low voice, "Mister."

Hearing Jungkook call him 'Mister', he knew that he must have recovered.

Taehyung's heart was glad and he said, "Jungkook, do you still feel uncomfortable anywhere?"

Jungkook shook his head and said, "No...... Just feel a little hungry."

"En, I'll have someone bring you something to eat." Taehyung reached out to feel Jungkook's forehead and noticed that it was ice-cold. He let out a breath and said, "The fever has gone away."

"You've worked hard Mister." Jungkook had some vague memories of the past few days. He knew how Taehyung watched over him without stopping to sleep or rest and knew how anxious Taehyung was for him.

Taehyung really did regard him as a son to raise——without any remiss.

This kind of situation made Jungkook feel very touched, but within this, was an obscure disappointment.

Taking advantage of the time that he had before eating, Jungkook got another full-body examination.

After the results came out, the doctor looked at the examination report and said, "It's all right, your health is very good. Your physical indicators are higher than they were before." If he hadn't seen the patient suffer from high fever with his own eyes, perhaps he would have never believed that this was the data before and after a fever.

Taehyung found it odd as well.

Jungkook's sickness came quickly and went quickly.

No one understood what was going on and when they even had the suspicion that his brain had probably burned out, he recovered silently.

On the day of his discharge, Jungkook was a lively dragon and animated tiger, his health completely recovered to what it normally was.

Taehyung sat in the car a little tired, closing his eyes to rest.

Jungkook sat beside him in his usual silence.

The two did not speak but the atmosphere was not awkward. They were already used to the presence of the other.

When Eunji learned that her brother's brain hadn't burned out, she was very happy and even said that she wanted to invite them all to dinner to celebrate.

Taehyung agreed. As a result, just as he was ordering the dishes in the private room, he saw Eunji come in with her boyfriend Jiwon.

When Eunji entered, she distinctly perceived the atmosphere in the room cool down by two degrees. She gave two embarrassed laughs and made the introductions, "Dad, this is Jiwon who you met before...... Jiwon, this is my dad."

"Hello Uncle, hello Uncle." Jiwon hurried to say hello.

Taehyung ignored him, making the atmosphere even more awkward.

Fortunately, Jungkook played the mediator. He said, "Hurry and come sit down. Dad has been in a bad mood recently because of my sickness...... Don't take it personally."

Jiwon's forehead was covered in a cold sweat and he quickly sat down next to Eunji.

When he sat next to her, it was like he was sitting on pins and needles, especially because of the pressure from Eunji's father——that imposing glare simply made him unable to breathe.

Taehyung finished ordering and didn't speak, slowly drinking the tea in front of him.

Eunji called out flatteringly, "Dad."

Taehyung said, "En."

Eunji continued, "I really like him."

Taehyung looked at Jiwon and asked, "How did you two meet each other?"

Eunji said, "We met at school...... He's really nice and later I heard that his family lives here too and felt that it really was fate."

Taehyung had never believed in such things as 'fate'. He didn't like Jiwon at first glance so he deliberately put on a cold attitude.

Eunji was still saying good things about Jiwon.

Taehyung bent his finger and lightly tapped the table. He said insipidly, "Don't talk about this today."

Upon seeing this, Eunji obediently shut her mouth without any better option.

The food was served and the mood in the private room became a lot better than before. Although Taehyung didn't give any face, Jungkook nevertheless, couldn't bear to make things difficult for Eunji and faintly complied with her topic of discussion.

Jiwon kept his head down and ate from beginning to end. Occasionally he would respond in agreement. His attitude towards Taehyung was naturally a hundred percent deferential.

Eunji felt slightly regretful for bringing Jiwon and making him feel so miserable.....