THIRTEEN

Taehyung was smoking on the balcony when he came home. When he caught sight of him, he called out, "Jungkookie."

"Mister." At this time, Jungkook was taller than Taehyung and the unripe youthfulness of his face was gradually fading and changing into the mature man.

"Next Wednesday is your eighteenth birthday. How do you want to spend it?" Taehyung put out his cigarette and asked softly.

"It's nothing to celebrate." Jungkook hung his eyes.

Taehyung sighed and asked, "What's wrong? Why are you unhappy?"

Jungkook said, "It's nothing."

Taehyung walked over. He originally intended on patting Jungkook's head but found that Jungkook was taller than him. Without a better choice, he could only pat his shoulder and say, "Jungkook, consider this place like your own home, alright?"

Jungkook looked at Taehyung, his look profound as he nodded slowly.

Taehyung asked Jungkook a few questions about Eunji again. He didn't know what in the world had happened between these two. Their relationship had been very good before but after starting year two, they became so rigid.

However, in the end, Jungkook was smarter than Eunji. Whatever thing Taehyung asked was whatever thing he would answer.

At night, Taehyung and Jungkook ate dinner together. Who knew where Eunji went wild again.

After dinner, Taehyung asked Jungkook if he wanted to play at the shooting range and said person readily complied.

Jungkook's shooting skills were taught by Taehyung hand by hand. At first, he would stand behind him and support Jungkook's hand as he helped him correct his posture.

Jungkook's talent in this field was astonishing. Only, his shooting posture was never quite up to standard. Taehyung tried correcting it for two years but was never able to fully succeed.

Today was no exception. Taehyung patted Jungkook's hand, saying, "How come it's crooked again."

Jungkook asked, "Is it crooked?"

Taehyung held his arms and patted him on the back, saying, "It's like this. Remember it."

Jungkook hummed in response. In the end, not two shots later his posture returned to how it originally was.

Taehyunghad no alternative but to correct him once more.

However, what made him feel astonished was that even though his shooting posture was incorrect, Jungkook's accuracy was terrifying and the number of misses he made could be counted with one hand.

After training for a while, he removed his earplugs and walked over to Taehyung.

Taehyung asked him, "Not shooting anymore?"

Jungkook shook his head and said, "I want to practice with mister."

Taehyung said, "Okay."

Jungkook had always been learning how to fight and took at least half a day's of class every week. Usually, he trained according to the fitness plan tailor-made for him but even though Jungkook's physical fitness was good, his experience was rather lacking. Thus, he almost never won when he practised with Taehyung in the past two years.

Seeing that Jungkook's mood wasn't good, Taehyung purposefully threw the game but to his surprise, he just showed a slight opening and was grabbed by Jungkook. Then, he was firmly pressed down onto the floor.

The clothes that Taehyung wore were somewhat messy because of their fight and their skin came into contact, almost as if it was flesh on flesh. Jungkook twisted Taehyung's hands, forcing Taehyung's upper body to press onto the ground firmly. His eyes swept over Taehyung's thin waist that was exposed outside of his clothes and his Adam's apple bobbed slightly.

The two were too close. Taehyung wasn't too accustomed to it and breathed, "Jungkookie is getting more and more powerful."

Jungkook slowly bent his legs and pressed them against Taehyung's tailbone.

"En....." Taehyung sensed Jungkook's heavy breaths beat again his neck. He said, "Jungkookie, let me go okay."

Who would have imagined that Jungkook would simply not relinquish his hold and instead, rested his forehead against Taehyung's back? He said, "Mister, I feel bad."

Taehyung's heart softened and he immediately overlooked his own awkward situation, asking, "What's wrong?"

Jungkook pursed his lips and watched Taehyung's sweat form into drops on his both fair and soft neck, and actually wanted to stretch out his tongue and softly lick it.

But in the end, he restrained himself and slowly let go of Taehyung.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung gasped for air lowly and turned over his body to look at Jungkook who sat to the side. He asked, "Do you like Eunji?"

Jungkook's action of tidying his clothes froze for a moment, then he shook his head with hesitation.

Taehyung sighed, "......All right."

Jungkook could tell that Taehyung wanted him to be with Eunji. However, he had never thought that he and Eunji were people of the same world. The longer he stayed at Taehyung's side, the more apparent this feeling became.

Eunji had been protected so well. Her father begrudged to let her see a single bit of the world's sordid side. Those bad things had all been blocked away by Taehyung.

Jungkook envied Eunji but also didn't at the same time. He envied how Taehyung protected Eunji. However, the fact that the one who stood on the same side as Taehyung and fought with him was himself and not Eunji, brought him joy.

"Let's go and return," Taehyung said.

Jungkooksounded an 'en'.

After returning home, Taehyung washed up and put on a bathrobe, intending on opening up his computer to handle some work. However, he remembered that he had forgotten to say something to Jungkook

"Dong dong." Knocking on Jungkook's door, Taehyung asked, "Jungkookie?"

After an interval, a muffled voice asked from inside, "Is something the matter?

"May I come in?" Taehyung asked.

There was a moment of silence. Just when Taehyung thought that Jungkook would refuse, he heard the two words 'come in'.

Taehyung pushed open the door and went in. After entering, a strange smell met his nose——all men thoroughly understood this smell. Jungkook sat on his chair, his expression somewhat unnatural, and his ears red.

Taehyung laughed in spite of himself, this really proved that Jungkook had fully grown up. He said, "In the summer, China has a training camp, do you want to go?"

Jungkookasked when he heard this, "Survival training camp?"

Taehyung nodded, "That's right. The invited military instructors are all special forces soldiers and the training plan that was drawn up is also special."

Jungkook said, "I will go." He was in a hurry to get stronger.

Taehyung said, "However, this training camp has a mortality rate......" He didn't tell Jungkook that the mortality rate of this training camp was very low. After all, it was all the children of rich families going, if anything happened, whose face wouldn't be bad. Generally, the accidents were caused by unexpected events. One cause of death that Taehyung knew about was because of a respiratory convulsion from an allergy and they died before help could arrive.

He said, "I will go." He confirmed, not cowering at all.

Seeing his unwavering appearance, Taehyung's heart actually felt a bit of distress. He said, "If you don't want to go, tell me. Do not force yourself, okay?"

Jungkook shook his head and said, "Mister, I want to be able to help you earlier."

Taehyung said, "Good boy."

And so this matter was settled. Taehyung turned and went out.