TWENTY

On the first day of school, it was Jungkook who drove to school with Taehyung and his luggage.

People were coming and going at the university gate. It was either students carrying their luggage with their parents or it was student leaders holding task signs.

Taehyung and Jungkook were particularly eye-catching. One was young and handsome, full of youthful energy. The other exuded a charm that belonged to only mature men.

Before Jungkook walked too far, students took the initiative to help him out with his luggage, asking him which dormitory he was living in and if he needed any help.

Jungkook's attitude was rather cold. He said, "There's no need, thank you."

That senior was still enthusiastically welcoming him, saying, "Junior, which place are you living in? I'll bring you over. The university is big and it's easy to get lost."

Jungkook still politely refused.

The senior student saw that Jungkook's attitude was cold and didn't try persuading him anymore. He only fished out his phone and recorded his phone number, saying that if there was anything, it was fine to call him.

After that man left, Taehyung had the shadow of a smile on his face. "How come your attitude is so cold?"

Jungkook said, "I'm unaccustomed to talking to people."——Where was he unaccustomed? He had clearly noticed that when that person came over to ask, his eyes were glued to Taehyung and wouldn't move. Moreover, it wasn't easy to be alone with Mister, how could Jungkook be willing to let others disturb them?

Taehyung did not advise him either and said lightly, "As long as you're happy."

Jungkook nodded and said yes.

The school's living environment was very good. After seeing so, Taehyung set his mind at rest about the two children.

He said, "Attend class properly."

Jungkook said yes.

Taehyung said slowly, "You can come to the company whenever you want to."

Jungkook nodded again.

When Taehyung saw this, he laughed in spite of himself. "Why do you dislike talking so much." He remembered that the communication that Jungkook had with people was quite normal in the past...... It seemed that after he came back from the training camp that summer he didn't like speaking a lot anymore.

Jungkook showed a somewhat bewildered expression and said, "It's not that I don't like talking. It's just that...... I don't know what I should say."

Taehyung pat him on the shoulder and didn't insist on anything more.

After sending the two children to school, the house became empty. Although Taehyung agreed to let Eunji go to university elsewhere. In reality, he still sent people over. Not only for Eunji, but he also sent people to watch over Jungkook, afraid that one of these two children would be corrupted by bad examples.

However, the news that his subordinates sent back showed that Taehyung had been too worried. No matter if it was Jungkook or Eunji, both mixed in their school like a fish in water.

Taehyung was gratified. Within it, was also a bit of sourness.

During this time, Taehyung purchased a few estates. The prices of the few plots of land that he had bought before were soaring because of the municipal planning. He did not plan on selling them either and simply put out a 'for rent' sign.

The Kim family was both rich and low-key. If it were not for the older generation, no one would know that the Kim family had been involved in some black industries——Eunji only knew that her family had a debt collection company. Moreover, this company was actually more or less legal now. 

However, since he planned on handing these things to Jungkook in the future, Taehyung needed to let him know about these things. Thus, he took advantage of the time when Jungkook didn't have classes and began to bring him to a few rather secret places.

From beginning to end, Jungkook was very calm. Even if they entered those venues where some rather bad scenes could be seen, he never showed any emotions.

Taehyung asked him curiously, "Are you not scared?"

Jungkook fixed his eyes on Taehyung and said lowly, "As long as Mister is with me, I won't be scared."

Taehyung nodded and indifferently asked a subordinate by his side, "Have you caught any who owe debts recently?"

That subordinate replied, "One was caught just yesterday."

Taehyung said, "Take him over to see."

That person then brought Jungkook over to see. Taehyung sat in a private room, slowly drinking tea and waiting quietly.

An hour and a half later, a pale Jungkook returned to Taehyung's side.

Taehyung asked, "How was it?"

Jungkook pursed his lips and asked, "What did that man do?"

Taehyung said to the subordinate at his left, "Tell him."

The subordinate was very good at reading faces. Seeing that Jungkook's expression wasn't right, he hurriedly explained, saying, "Young Master. You must not sympathize with this person by all means. This person gambled rottenly. He not only lost all his family's wealth but also wanted to sell his wife and children. How could this be okay ah? Although we are in this line of work, we aren't in that type of business that everyone wants to kill with a thousand knives. So we could only catch him to make him work properly with his own hands to pay back the money."

Only then did Jungkook's complexion become a bit better.

Taehyung said, "If I wanted you to do it, will you be able to?"

Jungkook was silent for a moment before he said, "I need to get used to it."

Very good. Jungkook's response satisfied Taehyung since he didn't immediately say that he could in excitement, nor did he shrink back in fear. Taehyung said, "Then use this opportunity to learn a bit." Even if the Kim family didn't need to carry a knife to the front rows anymore now, Taehyung needed to let Jungkook see this stuff. After all, in the line that licked the blood off of the edge of the knife, one couldn't be soft-hearted for enemies wouldn't be soft-hearted either.

Letting Jungkook know of the black industries counted as Taehyung handing over their background and completely considering him as one of his own people. Jungkook's heart was also clear, so his attitude towards Taehyung became more respectful.