SEVEN

"I, I absolutely insisted on coming to see the fireflies." Eunji stammered. "As a result..... we fell down."

Taehyung walked over and checked the two's situation. He found that Eunji only had some light scrapes but on the other hand, Jungkook's right leg was broken.

Eunji cried miserably, "Jungkookprotected me...... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so willful."

"All right, be good, don't cry." Taehyung wasn't willing to rebuke Eunji at the moment. He wiped away her tears and said, "He has a fever and can't wait anymore. Eunji, climb up with Dad okay?"

"Then what about Jungkook?" Eunji asked as she wiped her tears.

"I'll carry him on my back." Taehyung said.

The two agreed and Taehyung carried Jungkook on his back while using one hand to support him and the other to hold his walking stick to climb up the slope slowly.

His body wasn't negligent in exercise so even though it was a little difficult, Taehyung was able to carry Jungkooki back to the top in the end.

Eunji hadn't slept all night and had also been frightened miserably. She simply didn't have any strength left. However, when she saw her father walking slowly ahead of her, she felt full of strength again, like she could do anything as long as she was following her father.

After arriving at the top of the slope, they walked a little further before Taehyung's phone had signal. He took it out and called his subordinates.

Eunji wailed and cried as she held Taehyung, unwilling to let go. She said, "I was so scared, Daddy, I thought that I would never see you again!!"

Taehyung patted her on the back, which could be considered consoling her.

While Jungkook was unconscious, he faintly smelled the scent of sandalwood and felt himself being carried on someone's back, his face fitting snugly on it powerlessly.

That person's voice was pleasant to hear and seemed to be consoling someone quietly. Jungkook couldn't help but think if this voice was comforting him, how great would that be...... Just as he thought of this, his consciousness sank deeper into darkness.

When Jungkook woke up again, he was already on the hospital bed.

He coughed as he opened his eyes. Then, he felt a pair of ice-cold hands touch his forehead.

"Awake?" It was this voice. Jungkook's chest froze. He turned his head to the side and finally saw the man sitting at his bedside.

This was their second meeting. Jungkook's chest beat like a drum and his mouth became parched, his tongue scorched, as he unexpectedly found himself not knowing what to say. The man seemed somewhat tired, his brows slightly wrinkled and his cuffs still covered with mud. But even so, he was still noble like the princes in the fairy tales and looking at him more would be blasphemous.

"Want to drink some water?" There was no expression on the man's face and a pair of red phoenix eyes looked at Jungkook seriously. Jungkook licked his dry lips and nodded.

Taehyung got up and got a glass of water for Jungkook, supporting him up as he helped him drink.

Jungkook became clear-headed after quenching his thirst and asked, "I'm in the hospital?"

Taehyung nodded and said, "My family's Eunji has caused trouble for you again."

Jungkook pursed his lips, appearing as though he didn't know what he should say to Taehyung.

Taehyung asked, "Are you hungry? I prepared some porridge for you." His heart felt a bit of distress for this child. He needed to support his family at such a young age. Then looking at Eunji who was pampered and spoiled since young, the contrast to him was clear.

Jungkook drank the porridge and thanked Taehyung. 

"This matter was because of Eunji, I will take responsibility for all the expenses during your illness." Taehyung knew what Jungkook was worried about, so he started with this matter. He said, "Including the living expenses of your mother during this time."

Jungkook bit his lips and really wanted to refuse. Only he knew that he didn't have the capability to do that——he needed money, needed it too much.

Taehyung said, "Have a good rest."

He watched Jungkook slowly finish the porridge and the prepared dishes before he left the ward with the food box.

Eunji was still sitting in the corridor outside the ward in a daze. Seeing Taehyung come out, she hastily asked, "Daddy, how is he?"

Taehyung said, "His leg is broken and needs three months to be healed."

Eunji said quietly, "I want to go in and see him, but I'm afraid......"

Taehyung didn't comfort Eunji either and said, "Go see then, see then we'll return home earlier."

Eunji went in with hesitation and in but ten minutes, came out again, the rims of her eyes red.

Taehyung asked her what was wrong.

Eunji said, "He, he said he doesn't blame me...... and said it's not my fault......"

Taehyung softly gave an 'en' and then said, "Return home."

After returning home, Eunji was punished.

The long-unused rattan stick whipped her calf and she cried as she acknowledged her mistakes. Taehyung asked, "How were you wrong?"

Eunji cried in disorder and said, "I, I shouldn't be willful."

Taehyung brought it down again.

Eunji sobbed and sniffled, saying, "Daddy, daddy, I was wrong!"

Taehyung said, "Eunji, let me tell you. The most serious mistake you made was not protecting yourself well and even implicating others."

Eunji was at a loss.

Taehyung said, "When you're willful at home, how many times have I scolded you?"

Eunji sobbed a few times.

Taehyung said, "If I'm not here in the future, and can't protect you anymore, what should you do?"

It was like someone had grasped her heart firmly and tugged at it. Eunji shook her head desperately and said, "Daddy won't not be here, Daddy won't not be here."

Taehyung reached out and patted Eunji's head. He said, "Why do you worry Dad so much."

Eunji couldn't endure it anymore. She turned and hugged Taehyung, bursting into loud wails.