TWENTY-NINE

After eating, Taehyung left without saying a word. In fact, from the moment Eunji entered the room, the last thing he said was: Don't talk about this today.

He spent the rest of the time eating peacefully without saying anything.

Eunji felt both afraid and wronged in her heart. She didn't know why her father wasn't giving her any face like this today.

Jungkook, however, forced a smile and said, "Eunji, you have to give the Mister some time to accept it ah."

Eunji sighed, "Okay, this matter wasn't something I considered carefully."

Jungkook nodded.

Eunji said, "But why does Daddy dislike Jiwon so much......"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, then said, "Mister is very good at reading people. Perhaps it's a little inappropriate for me to say, but this Jiwon...... Don't put all your cards on the table too quickly."

After everyone left, the only one remaining in the room was Jungkook. He swept his eyes over the hardly touched dishes on the table and slowly walked to the chair that Taehyung had sat on. Then, he slowly sat down.

"Mister." With a low murmur, Jungkook reached out and picked up the cup that Taehyung had drunk from. Then he turned the cup around and used his lips to lightly kiss the place that Taehyung had touched before.

"Mister." A ray of light sparkled in Jungkook's eyes. He said, "Jungkook really likes you."

On the other side, Taehyung immediately took out his phone and had people investigate the information on Jiwon.

Previously, he had felt that Jiwon wasn't quite right but his intuition was terrifying and it was because of this intuition that he had avoided disaster many times now.

The information sent from the people below came very quick. Taehyung's brows furrowed as soon as he saw it.

This Jiwon's information was too clean. So clean it simply didn't resemble a normal person's. He lost both his parents as a child and lived in his paternal aunt's home. He loved studying and got scholarships annually. He found joy in helping others and even participated in many volunteer organizations.

Taehyung said, "Send someone to City M to find out if his paternal aunt is real."

His underling sounded a 'yes'.

Taehyung sat in the study room and thought helplessly, hoping that Eunji wasn't too in love with Jiwon right now.

After coming out of the hospital, Jungkook spent more than a month developing himself before returning back to school.

Eunji's school began as well. Taehyung was very worried when he sent her back and repeatedly warned her to be careful and take note of her safety and so on.

Eunji said, "Dad, be at ease. I'm already not a love-brain anymore. If there really is a problem with Jiwon, tell me, I will break up with him immediately."

Taehyung who was sending Eunji off was stunned when he heard this. He found that he had really looked down upon this daughter of his.

"Where in the world are there no green grasses, why love one flower alone?" Eunji said grimly. "Being together with him, is it not because he looks good?"

Taehyung said, "If that is the case, you still had him come eat a meal with me?"

Eunji laughed, "Is this not me spreading out the bedding? Just in case I meet someone I especially-specially like. It's better to first let Dad prepare his heart......"

Taehyung had nothing to say in reply to this daughter of his.

Then Eunji waved her hand and left, her figure from behind was particularly natural and unrestrained.

Taehyung profoundly felt that he was already old......

Jungkook stood beside him, his eyes full of laughter.

Taehyung glanced at him and said, "What are you laughing at, let's go."

Jungkook sounded an 'en'.

Ever since he recovered, Jungkook worked even harder. After he finished the work that Taehyung had given him, he began to make tentative contact with some other jobs, including some grey industries.

Taehyung looked at him and had to admit that Jungkook really was fit for this line of work. His heart was ruthless enough, he had a camaraderie with his subordinates, and was able to use the wills of the people.

Taehyung would still occasionally give him directions for a few matters. However, most of the time, he let Jungkook try on his own——Even if it might leave him bleeding and with a broken head.

Eating a few losses now was better than suffering a great deal in the future.

Three months after school began, Jungkook was attacked for the first time. Those people didn't dare attack Taehyung, hence, they chose a soft persimmon to pinch and actually went as far as to plan to attack Jungkook.

When Taehyung learned of this, the matter had already been settled.

Jungkook wasn't hurt in the least——He seemed to have already anticipated this long ago and arranged many people around the school. As soon as that dozen of people appeared, they were beaten and tied up before they even came near Jungkook.

Jungkook called Taehyung and asked him how these people should be dealt with.

Taehyung said, "What do you think?"

Jungkook's manner seemed somewhat hesitant. At the present time, he had not yet personally given orders to have people dealt with.

Taehyung's tone was very ordinary. He said, "This is just the way the world is: If you don't die, then it's me who perishes." He didn't tell Jungkook how to deal with it but the meaning of his words was very obvious.

Jungkook said okay.

In the end, Taehyung didn't ask Jungkook how he had ultimately dealt with it. He intuitively felt that Jungkook wouldn't disappoint him.

Everything progressed regularly and thoroughly like this.

Taehyung's premonition had come true and sure enough, the people who had gone to investigate Jiwon's aunt sent back news, saying that there really was such an individual there. However, after this person was interrogated by them, they confessed that they weren't Jiwon's aunt, but that someone had given her money to deliberately tell these lies.

Taehyung said, "Continue to investigate."

The subordinate agreed.

A week later, new information was sent before Taehyung.

Jiwon wasn't called Jiwon, but Jihoon. He was indeed an orphan. But unfortunately, he had been provided financial aid by Taehyung's opponent from an early age and it was unknown what freak combination of factors made him become Eunji's boyfriend.

Taehyung gave Eunji a call. The first thing he said was, "Eunji, break up with Jiwon."