TWENTY-FOUR

Taehyung said coldly, "If you want to kneel then kneel. Don't get up anymore." After saying this, he turned and directly went upstairs.

Jungkook kneeled for no less than half a day before he got up from the ground. The reason he got up was that Eunji had come back. Upon seeing the mess on the ground and the kneeling Jungkook, she hurriedly went to ask Taehyung what had happened.

Taehyung didn't pay Eunji any attention either. He merely said, "I told him to get up. He himself likes to kneel so he'll just kneel."

Eunji ran downstairs and said to Jungkook, "Hyung, if you kneel your legs broken, how will you protect Dad?"

Only then did Jungkook slowly get up, his knees already completely bloody.

Eunji asked what had happened but the both of them kept silent. Finally, after not being able to find out the reason no matter what she did, she got angry as well, saying, "You two are so disagreeable. Won't everything be fine once you say it aloud?"

Say it aloud? Jungkook could only bitterly laugh in his heart. If he really said it, he feared that he would be shot dead by Taehyung.

The black curtains within the room were drawn and the lights weren't on either. It was obviously daytime yet it was dark inside.

A man sat beside the bed, his upper body bare as he smoked. He spat out a cloud of smoke that diffused within the room. His expression was solemn, as though he were pondering over a problem that couldn't be solved. He had seen scratch marks on the back of Jungkook's neck......

He slowly finished smoking this cigarette, then put on clothes and walked out.

Jungkook was sitting in the living room watching TV.

Because he knelt on the glass, his knees had suffered serious skin injuries. At this moment, they were bandaged up tightly. The doctor had warned him that he absolutely mustn't exercise vigorously.

The room was absolutely devoid of other people——Taehyung became annoyed the moment he saw anyone recently and had dismissed all the servants.

And Jungkook, who should have been attending school, had asked for leave due to his injuries. He saw Taehyung coming down from upstairs and softly called out a 'mister'.

Taehyung's face was as cold as ice. He directly sat down across from Jungkook, his eyes brimming with repressed emotions. However, his voice was still calm. He asked, "When did you arrive yesterday evening?"

Jungkook calmly answered Taehyung's interrogating question, saying, "Past nine twenty." 

Taehyung asked, "Angus had already disappeared when you arrived?"

Jungkook said, "Yes."

Taehyung said, "Then what did you do?"

Jungkook grit his teeth and said, "I-I saw Mister's situation and told the brothers with me to check the bar then go out and pursue Angus. I saw that Mister was still intoxicated so I waited downstairs all night."

Taehyung asked, "Why didn't you wait on the second floor?"

Jungkook said lowly, "I thought...... that Mister wouldn't want to see me after waking up."

Taehyung expressionlessly took out his phone and told his staff to send the video of the previous night over.

Upon seeing Taehyung's actions, Jungkook was completely calm and didn't show a single trace of panic.

The video was sent over very soon. The contents of the video were unexpectedly exactly as Jungkook had said. Taehyung then called the bodyguards and asked them about last night——but unexpectedly, their description was just about the same as Jungkook's.

However, the biggest flaw currently was Angus.

Just as Taehyung thought of this, his phone rang. He picked up and heard the person on the other end say "Boss, something happened with Angus."

Taehyung knit his brows. "What happened?" Hadn't Jungkook said that Angus had already returned to Canada?

The person on the other end said in a flurry, "He died in the airport washroom——"

Taehyung clenched his phone for a long time, not uttering a single sound.

Jungkook observed Taehyung's expression. Since he dared to do such a thing, dared to answer in that way, then all the preparations had already been made.

Jungkook's back tensed up slightly. Although he felt like he had guaranteed complete success, when all was said and done, he was still afraid of Taehyung investigating to the very end.

He could only pray that Taehyung wouldn't continue performing an in-depth investigation about this matter now.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook's face and suddenly said a profound sentence, "Say, how do you think Angus died?"

There was a bit of uncertainty on Jungkook's face. He said, "I don't know either...... The information I got just this morning said that he had already gotten on a special plane to Canada."

"Oh," Taehyung responded lightly. He stood up from the sofa and left.

However, his anger continued.

Not a few days later, when Eunji came home, she was actually scolded by the father who had always loved her dearly.

"Eunji, look at what you're like." Taehyung pointed at the messy big pile of things she brought back and said angrily, "A proper girl, not studying properly, just knowing how to exercise. What's the use of you getting so many abdominal muscles?"

Eunji was stunned. She looked towards Jungkook but saw him shake his head with a bitter smile.

"Have a vacation for so many days yet you don't know to come home!" Taehyung said. "Spending every day outside——"

Eunji was smart as well and knew that she couldn't harden against her dad at this moment and hurriedly forced her expression to soften, saying, "Dad, I know, don't get angry. Didn't I especially get you a gift?" As she said this, she cautiously and solemnly fished out a Tibetan knife that she had originally intended to give to someone else from her bag.

Taehyung's brows wrinkled the moment he saw this knife. He asked, "Where did you buy this knife?"

The smile on Eunji's face stiffened.

Taehyung said, "I say, no wonder you've gotten darker and thinner again——Eunji, you're pretty good, going to Tibet behind my back?"

Eunji laughed with a 'hahaha', wanting to divert the topic.

However, Taehyung didn't eat this cover of her's and said, "You don't need your pocket money for the second half of the year."

Once he finished saying this, he left, not giving Eunji any chance to justify herself pettishly.

Eunji's face skewed bitterly. She asked Jungkook, "What's wrong with Dad recently? How come his temper's so fierce?"

Jungkook sighed, "Be a bit more obedient in this period of time. The Mister...... isn't in a good mood."

"Aren't you accompanying Dad every day?" Eunji said. "He likes you so much and yet he can be in such a bad mood?"

Jungkook didn't say a word. Although he hadn't shown any flaws before Taehyung about this matter, when all was said and done, he was in the wrong. After returning to his room, Taehyung would shower for more than an hour every day. This, he knew——Now, he even hated himself somewhat. Hated that he couldn't resist the temptation, harming Taehyung into how he was right now. In fact, Jungkook's self-control was usually astonishing. But that day, he didn't know what evil had possessed him to have actually not resisted.