Tony, who was slightly embarrassed by Thor's reaction whispered to him, "Alexander Pierce. He's the man, one of the folks behind Nick Fury."

I'd never met Alexander Pierce but I had obviously done my bit of research before joining the Tesseract Project. I needed all the knowledge about S.H.I.E.L.D I could get before agreeing to work with them. It also reminded me that my parents worked closely with Pierce during the early 90s.

My parents were scientists and they worked all around the country, often leaving me and my siblings behind. They often encouraged me to follow in their footsteps but I always refused, one of the many reasons we disagreed a lot.

I was however surprised when I found that Pierce worked for S.H.I.E.L.D which would mean my parents were connected to the organization I was now working for. I wasn't sure whether that made me feel closer to them or ruined the whole experience altogether.

Either way, Pierce was a big name behind the organization, so I fixed my posture and tried to look more presentable out of respect.

"My friends call me Mr. Secretary," Pierce informed Thor, whilst putting his hands in his pockets, "I'm gonna have to ask you to turn that prisoner over to me."

Thor shook his head in protest, "Loki will be answering to Odin himself."

"Oh, he's gonna answer to us. Odin can have what's left," Pierce stated, "And I'm gonna need that case, that's been S.H.I.E.L.D property for over 70 years."

One of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents beside Pierce held his hand out to retrieve the case, "Hand over the case Stark."

"Mr. Secretary, Odin is a god, if he wants Loki, can you really deny him of his wishes?" I asked trying to reason with him. I was also kind of concerned that if Odin was to be upset, all sorts of hell would break loose.

"Oh, and may we also add that he won't be coming for us, he'd be coming for you, " Tony said condescendingly pointing at Pierce.

I didn't know what Odin was like but if he was anything like Loki, or even worse Loki and Thor combined, I didn't want to be dealing with him.

Thor also added, "The Tesseract belongs on Asgard. It was never Earth's to possess to begin with. I think it has been proven you are not worthy protectors."

Pierce huffed in frustration, I knew he didn't want to risk another invasion from space if the Tesseract was kept in S.H.I.E.L.D's possession, "Let them keep it," he sighed to the agent who tried to take the briefcase from Tony.

They turned around and walked back down the lobby to the exit. I returned back to my relaxed posture once Pierce was out of sight, "Jeez, that was so unnecessary."

My state of relaxation was rudely interrupted by Hulk bursting through the door of the stairwell and scaring both me and a few people gathered in the lobby.

"NO STAIRS!!" Hulk yelled, stomping towards the people who then proceeded to run away in fear of their safety. The Hulk was still seen as a danger to many, although we now saw him as an ally who helped us during the battle.

Beside me, I felt Loki jump back, slightly. I had a feeling if he wasn't wearing that device on his mouth that stopped him from speaking he definitely would have screeched.