Dyslexic

Storyline: Steve has dyslexia but never told the lobby. One day during the IRL meeting they play Taboo, he ends up struggling with words and freaks out. DK finds him and they talk for a bit
——————————————————————

During the IRL meeting with the lobby they all decided to play Taboo. They weren't streaming but Steve was slightly anxious.

He hadn't told anyone in the crew that he was dyslexic. And a word game wasn't really gonna help him.

They split into teams of five with Steve, Scott, DK, Hafu, and Janet were on one team with Ellum, Koji, Apollo, Kimi, and 5up on the other.

Steve sat next to Apollo so he could make sure no words were said that could be a wrong clue. Steve drew the first card and 5up started the timer.

Steve paused and stared at the card. He couldn't figure out what any of the words were as the letters looked mixed up.

"Steve?" Apollo asked. It seemed simple enough. Steve dropped the cards and muttered something before running off.

He ducked into one of the empty rooms and pulled his legs to his chest. His anxiety was kicked up and he hated to admit to anyone he was weak.

"Steve?" DK asked and knelt in front of him. Steve stared at him with slightly wide eyes. "What's wrong bud?" He asked.

"I-I don't wanna talk about it......" Steve murmured and DK leaned against the wall next to him.

"Alright. Well the others will find us eventually so until then I guess we can just sit in here?"

"Go back to the other Dakotaz......"

"Wait a second. You're dyslexic aren't you? That's why you freaked out,"

"H-how did you-?"

"Steve. You looked at the card and went silent. Wanna know something?" DK asked and Steve looked at the shorter man next to him.

"What?"

"I'm dyslexic too. I struggle with words. That's why DK is such an easy name for me,"

"Why didn't you ever say anything?" Steve asked softly. He had no idea that his friend was dyslexic as well.

"For the same reason I think you didn't. You didn't want people to worry. I was nervous to play this game. It helps to have someone," DK said and Steve smiled weakly.

"I guess so. Thanks DK," said Steve. He put his arm around the other man and pulled him to his side. "Can we stay in here a little while?"

"Sure bud," DK said softly. Steve smiled and felt the shorter man lean into him.

Neither knew that the others had heard them talking. The rest of the crew shot looks of shock and happiness on their faces towards one another.

"So Steve and DK are both dyslexic? Good to know," Apollo said and smiled slightly.

"Let's leave them for a while and go play the game. Words might not be their thing," Hafu said and glanced at the boys.

Dakotaz was cuddled into Steve's side and was asleep. Steve rested his head on DKs and fell asleep as well. They looked so peaceful that nobody wanted to disturb them.