What you wanted

Storyline: DKs tried so hard to be what Steve wanted that he lost who he was along the way, until he had enough

Dumb and dumber angst, Hello?
Can I get a hooooyyyyyaaaaaahhhhhh
—————————————————————

DK wasn't himself, and Scott definitely took notice. DK was trying so hard to be something he wasn't.

Someone he wasn't

He knew it to. He shouldn't. He should be himself. Wasn't that the way to get someone to love you? Be yourself?

But he couldn't, because the person he wanted didn't like him. Steve liked Dumbdog.

That was the problem. DK tried so hard to be like Apollo. So much like someone he wasn't.

Steve walked away from him and towards Apollo. DK wanted Steve to love him but it wouldn't happen.

He had finally had enough

It dawned on him why he was so depressed. Why he had antidepressants, why he didn't like himself.

Because he wasn't himself. He was trying to be Apollo.

"Steve, we need to talk," he said. The tall man looked over and they walked into their room, shutting the door behind them.

"What's up bud?" Steve asked in concern. He had zero clue what DK was talking about, what his partner meant

"I'm done," DK said with a stern look and tone. Confusion laced Steve's look as he tilted his head

"What?" He asked, a slight look of amusement crossing his face. DK was kidding right?

"Do you know what I've done for you? Know what I've tried to be?!" DK snapped. Steve flinched back, not used to DK snapping like that

"What are you talking about?" He asked. Steve tilted the shorter mans head up only for him to pull away. Steve's hand dropped back to his side

"I tried to be what you wanted me to be. But you never noticed," DK finally said. Steve looked at him and realized why he felt to far away.

How did he not notice DK was trying to be someone he wasn't. Trying to be Dumbdog.

"DK, bud. There's one Apollo. I don't need a second one. The world doesn't need a second one. But you know what I do need?" He asked. DK looked up and Steve saw his eyes glazed over.

"I need a Dakotaz. Not one trying to be Apollo but my partner. My best friend,"

"Then could you act like it?" DK snapped and left the room. Steve stared after him in surprise as the man left

M-maybe I'm not capable of writing fluff unless requested...fuck...