Never mine

Storyline: after losing Steve, Dumbdog finds himself lost
—————————————————————

He was never mine, but losing him broke my heart.

Steve and DK never returned from the mission. Their suits offline. They were both dead.

Of course everyone was taking it hard. I mean dumb and dumber were never coming home.

My mind was stuck in itself. I hadn't moved in three days. Smajor had to practically shove food and water down my throat to keep me alive.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. My mind ran in circles. My Steve wasn't coming home.

My heart felt shattered. I honestly wished it would stop beating. I was laying on my back. I wanted Steve.

But he was gone. The squad that had gone out included Janet, Kimi and Hafu. The girls.

The body's had been found. Blood was everywhere on the dropship. They were officially dead.

The door opened and I didn't even bother to look over. I knew it was Scott.

"Hey bud. Come on, up," he said. I didn't say anything as he came into my view. He sighed and I could see the worry in his face.

I remained limp as he forced me to finally sit up. I gave him a blank look and he sat down next to me.

"You can't stay in here forever," he said. I remained silent. I hadn't spoke in three days either.

Scott sighed as Janet came in. She gave me a worried look.

"Hey Apollo. Come on, we need you for a mission," she said. I didn't want to go and I remained limp. What was the point anymore?

"Alright. So that failed us. Dumbdog, you need to get up. Come on," he said. I refused to move. I needed Steve.

Janet pulled Smajor to the side and I just remained still. I could tell they were worried about me.

"Dumbdog. We have a surprise for you ok? Janets gone to go get it. But you have to try and get up," he said. Janet was gone so it was just me and Scott.

"I want Steve," I whispered. I closed my eyes and heard the door open and close. Scott left. I felt the bed dip. So he didn't.

"Hey bud," came a weak voice. I recognized it instantly and opened my eyes. A man in a red beanie with curly brown hair and beautiful eyes stared back at me.

"Steve?"

"Sorry for scaring you like that. Me and DK were unconscious. I woke up a few hours ago,"

"They didn't tell me you were alive,"

"Cause you wouldn't get up. They couldn't. Baby, have you eaten today?" He asked. I didn't respond and he knew the answer.

A sigh escaped his mouth and he nuzzled me.

"I have to get back to DK. You're my best friend but he hasn't woken up yet and he's my boyfriend," Steve said softly. I gripped his hand tightly.

"I don't want you to leave," I whispered. He smiled and pulled away gently.

"I know but like you need me, I need DK," he said and left me. I leaned back against he headboard.

He was never mine, but losing him broke my heart