Promise Rings

Storyline: Dumbdog hasn't seen Steve in years but always keeps the promise ring from him. Apollo joins Hafus crew and meets the man he least expects. But Steve seems slightly different
——————————————————————
Apollo fiddled with the ring on his finger. A dropship landed in front of him and the door to it opened. Two men stepped out.

One had a beard, wore a chain, and his hair was half white and half black. He walked with confidence and seemed pretty relaxed. Apollo noticed that the man stuck close to the other mans side.

Speaking of the other man, he had his hair slicked slightly to the side but it looked natural.  He wore a lighter red suit and wore a smile. He had more confidence than the other.

They were shorter than Dumbdog who gave them a smile.

"You must be Dumbdog. I'm Ellum and this is Koji," The light red man said. Dumbdog smiled and shook his hand.

"You would be correct," he said back. Ellum smiled and signaled for  him to board. Dumbdog followed both boys onto the ship and felt it lift off.

They talked for a while on the way until they docked on a large ship.

"Here, upload this map to your database," Koji said and Dumbdog listened. He stared at the airship map and sighed.

"Am I ever gonna learn my way around this ship?"

"At some point. We're going to the cockpit. Hafu and her twin are in there," Koji said. Ellum led him to the cockpit but Koji split off to meet up with someone.

Ellum stopped outside the door and looked at Dumbdog.

"Go on. I've got to meet up with someone. See ya," he called and Dumbdog walked in. He scanned the room and saw the two people.

A girl and a boy stood in the room, next to the front window. The steering wheel was locked in place and they looked out the window. He could assume they were talking by the way their hands moved a little.

The girl was smaller than the male and she wore a yellow suit. She had blue overalls on wore a yellow headband. Her helmet was clipped to her belt as well.

The man had his helmet on so Dumbdog couldn't see his face but could tell it was a male from the way he stood. He wore pink and seemed taller than his sister.

"Hello?" Dumbdog called out, a little nervous. Both people turned around and the female smiled.

"Hi! You must be Dumbdog. I'm Hafu and this is my brother 5up," she said and hugged him. Dumbdog smiled slightly and hugged her back for some reason.

While she went over basic rules he couldn't stop messing with his ring. It was gold with a red gem on it. Steve had the other side with a silver ring and a green gem.

The door opened and they all looked over. A red man walked in next to a purple man. They both wore their helmets.

The purple man took off his helmet and pulled a wizard hat on. He was shorter than the red man and wore glasses.

The red man took off his helmet and Dumbdog saw curly brown hair. The man wore glasses and he was taller than the others in here. Including Dumbdog.

The red man signaled for the twins and Hafu told Dumbdog to hold on for a moment. Dumbdog found himself focusing on the man in red though.

Very rarely was someone taller than himself. But the hair and the glasses. The way he stood. It was familiar. He found himself looking at his ring finger and saw the ring.

Both men turned out of the room and Apollo stared at the man he thought was Steve. It had to be.

"Sorry about that. Dumb and dumber needed to fill me in on a mission," Hafu apologized. Apollo looked towards her.

"The red man? Was that Steven Suptic?" He asked. The twins looked at each other in shock.

"You know him?" 5up asked in shock. Dumbdog nodded, a fond smile crossed his face.

"Yeah. I knew him a long time ago. He actually gave me this ring. A promise ring," he told them. A sad smile crossed Hafus face.

"Dumbdog, something happened a while back. To Steve. A mission gone wrong," she said and continued before Apollo could say something. "He was caught in an explosion. He has no memories of before our crew," she said.

"Oh," Apollo murmured and 5up placed a hand on the taller mans shoulder.

"I'll show you where your room is," he said and walked away. Hafu nodded for him to follow so he listened.

A while down the ship 5up paused for a moment. He touched his com and responded.

"I have to go. Steve!" He called for the red man. The man came over with a smile and they spoke quickly.

"I'll show you where your room is," Steve said. "You alright?" He asked the green person.

"Sorry. Just thinking," Apollo responded and a sheepish smile crossed his face

"Wait. Did I know you?" Steve asked, slight panic crossing his face.

"Yeah. Ummm.....you know that ring on your finger?" He asked and Steve stared at it for a moment.

"Yeah?" He said and nodded slightly.

"I have the other one. I guess it's weird to see you not knowing me," he said and held up his hand. Steve stared at the ring and stared in shock.

"I-Dumbdog. I'm so sorry. I actually have a boyfriend right now," Steve muttered. Apollo froze and stared at the man.

"Let me guess. The purple man?" Dumbdog asked and stared at the floor as they walked.

"Dakotaz? Yeah. Here's your room. I'm right down the hall if you need anything," Steve said and walked away. Apollo watched him go before ducking into his room.

Steve was different than before but that was to be expected. Right? No matter the heartbreak