Warewolf

Storyline: it's the night of the full moon. And Dumbdog has yet to change. One major problem, Steve showed up and needs to stay for the night

Requested by @trashdemon4life
—————————————————————

Steve knocked on the door of Apollo's house. The green man opened it and his eyes widened.

"Hey Steve?" He asked in confusion.

"Surprise Dumbdog!" He said and tackled the man. Apollo squeaked and fell back.

Dumbdog was happy but scared.

"It's a full moon!" Steve squealed a little. "Besides. It's been forever since I've seen you!" He said and let the other man up.

"Y-yeah," he stuttered and looked down. Steve tilted his head as he walked in.

"You alright?" He asked and Apollo nodded.

"I'll be back shortly. I have to go take care of something," he lied quickly.

The full moon! He had forgotten. Dumbdog took off out of the house and hid. The woods bordered the house and he hoped that Steve wasn't following him.  He couldn't tell Steve. He was a werewolf.

He couldn't control himself as a wolf. He would kill anything and anyone in sight. He was a danger to others.

Steve followed his friend. It wasn't like him to ditch people. Steve watched in horror as his friend changed into a giant wolf.

He let out a gasp and the wolf heard him. He started to stalk towards Steve who torrid to get away.

Apollo pounced on Steve and pinned him down. He shoved his muzzle in Steve's face with a growl.

"Apollo! Stop!" Steve called out afraid. Would his friend really kill him? Please, no. Not Apollo. Not his Dumbdog....

Steve liked Dumbdog as more than a friend. Steve was shaking in fear. He was very afraid.

"Bud please. It's me. It's your best friend! I'm your best friend. It's me, Steve!" He begged and the wolf stopped growling.

"Dumbdog. Apollo. You've been my best friend since we were 10. When we met in elementary. You saved me from Cib. Remember?" He asked.

He needed to make Apollo remember. He needed Dumbdog back. His Dumbdog.

"Yeah? I introduced you to DK, Hafu, and 5up? Our other friends," he said and the wolf lay down on top of him.

"Dumbdog please. I know you're in there somewhere. My Apollo," he spoke and the wolf whined.

He laid his head on Steve's chest and whined.

"Hey bud," Steve whispered and started to pet the wolf. "Let's go back to the house," he said and Apollo let him up.

They walked back to the house and went inside.

Dumbdog fell asleep with Steve pet him. Steve lay his head on the wolf and fell asleep after a moment.

When Dumbdog woke up he he had arms around him. He looked over and realized he was cuddled up to Steve.

"Good morning sunshine," Steve spoke softly into his ear. He didn't want to let Apollo leave.

"Fuck off," he mumbled and felt Steve muzzle him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Steve asked after a moment. Dumbdog didn't respond and Steve nudged him. "Apollo?"

"I-I was afraid you would think I was a freak-"

"I think it's cool,"

"I'm so sorry I tried to kill you-" he started to say only to be cut off as Steve kissed him. Apollo hesitantly kissed back and leaned into it.

"Does it look like I care?" Steve mumbled once they pulled away. "So, will you be my boyfriend?"

"Yes..." he said with a smile