Secret relationship

Storyline: Toast and Peter are secretly dating, so when Peter returns to Mira HQ Toast sees a picture and gets upset.

A/N-new otp in books? Oh lord...
—————————————————————

Did Toast like Peter? Fuck yeah. Was he also afraid of dating him? Also yes.

It was hard. He ran the entire among us corporation as he led the Mira base. Peter being his second in command.

He was scared people would accuse him of favoritism. Of being one sided.

So maybe that's how this all started? Maybe that's why Toast felt lonely as of now. Of course Peter wasn't on base right now so it didn't matter.

Toast stepped out of the shower and started to dry off. He wasn't really paying attention to anything anyway. Peter was supposed to return in the morning.

Toast flinched when hands were placed onto his waist. He was spun around and stared at the slightly taller man.

"P-Peter?" He stuttered. Peter smiled and scanned Toast.

"Hi baby," Peter whispered. Toast threw his arms around his boyfriend and buried his face into his neck.

"I thought you weren't gonna get back till morning," Toast mumbled. He was tired but had night shift so he gave Peter and small glare. "I have night shift. Let me get dressed," he ordered. Peter nuzzled Toast and stepped away.

"Fine. But I wanna have some fun later," he said with a suggestive tone. Toasts face flared up and he covered it with his hands.

"I hate you," he mumbled. He managed to get his red face to disappear before he suited up and walked out.

While he was walking around the base for patrol, his phone buzzed. He checked his surroundings and pulled it out.

It was a Twitter notification from 5up. He had posted a picture. Toast opened his phone and felt his heart shatter.

Had such a great time playing truth or dare and ended up with this photo. Don't worry, Fundy has already been told. But Fuck you too Steven

The picture was of a wide eyed 5up with Peter kissing him gently. Toast felt himself freeze in shock and he blinked a few times.

Peter wouldn't. After all it took for Toast to agree to date him, even secretly. To make matters worse, it's not like he could go talk to someone.

He stood there until a hand on his shoulder made him jump a little. Rae stood behind him and looked startled.

"Sorry Toast. You've never jumped like that. I'll take over. Go get some sleep," she said. Toast nodded and mumbled a thank you.

He made his way slowly back to his room before opening the door. Peter was sitting on his brown bed and looked up. He waited until the door was closed to speak.

"How was your shift baby?" He asked and Toast didn't respond. Peter sensed something was wrong so he rushed to his boyfriends side. "Toast?" He asked.

Anger flashed through the cyan leader and he shoved Peter away. He felt tears start to spill and he wiped his eyes.

"What the fuck is this Peter?" He snapped and showed the picture. Peter stood frozen for a second.

"Toast. It didn't mean anything!" Peter defended himself, taken aback.

"Then why do I feel like you're lying to me?" Toast snapped back. He was upset. "This is why I was afraid of dating you or anybody else!" Toast hissed and tried to control his emotions

"It was a game of truth or dare! What did you want me to do?! Back down? What would my excuse be?"

"Oh. So this my fault now?"

"You're the one who doesn't want people to know we're dating!"

"Well then. To make matters easier, maybe we just shouldn't date," Toast said. Peter grabbed his wrist and pulled him close.

"Toast. Baby. I didn't mean that-" he started to say. The cyan man was having none of it though.

"But I did. Just let me go to sleep," Toast said and jerked away. He flopped onto his bed and curled up under the covers.

This is what he was afraid of. Not people thinking he's picking favorites, no. Toast was afraid of being heartbroken.

And now his fear had turned to reality