89

A winding road along the shoreline of the lake is too long to be seen.

The lights on both sides of the road cast small spots of light, and the long road alternated with light and dark, like a python with uniform lines hovering around the lake.

It was too late, and only one or two cars passed by accidentally on the road.

"Om-" drove over, bringing a blast of evening breeze mixed with chills.

Mu Xueyi walked very slowly, taking a deep step and a shallow step.

She can't walk fast either. She can still be a little faster with a cane. Without a cane, it's like returning to the rehabilitation period.

Although the ankle is very painful, she has experienced this pain for a whole year, and she hasn't been so squeamish for a long time.

It's just such a sting...

Suddenly brought back some memories of her.

Memories of those rehabilitation periods.

At that time, because her heart disease had not been completely cured, she could always see the hallucinations she had imagined.

The one I see most often is Zhou Zhenyue.

When eating, as soon as she raised her head, Ayue seemed to be sitting opposite her.

Holding the bowl, while eating the vegetables gracefully, he frowned and said, "Don't look at me, hurry up and eat your meal."

When sleeping, half asleep and half awake, Ah Yue lay beside her.

He touched her hair and said "Xueyi is good."

Every time I couldn't sustain my rehabilitation, my eyes were blurred with sweat and tears.

As soon as she turned her head, she saw A Yue standing by, reaching out to her, and muttering softly:

"Don't be afraid, I will help you."

Mu Xueyi often wondered, does she really need Zhou Zhenyue to help?

Actually not.

She needs Zhou Zhen Yue.

But she has learned to hold that illusory hand.

She understands that there are some things that are more appropriate to put in her heart as a sustenance, than to actually rely on them.

Her love for her has not diminished.

just......

She understands what it means to forbearance and restraint in love.

Mu Xueyi held on to the railing of the lakeshore, closed his eyes and fumbled, feeling the coolness of the evening breeze on his face.

The golden handcuffs on his left wrist collided with the iron railings, making a crisp knocking sound, like a toy train that I saw in a shop window when I was a child.

I was walking, and suddenly I heard footsteps running from far and near behind me.

Obviously it may be a passerby running at night, or a staff member in a hurry to go to the evening shift.

Knowing that the strange feeling suddenly surging in his heart is 80% an illusion.

But Mu Xueyi still stopped immediately--

Turned back eagerly.

Under the street lamp, Zhou Zhenyue stopped panting behind her.

The light hit Zhou Zhenyue's clearly contoured face, her chest was violently ups and downs, her long hair had been messed up by the wind, and her temples were wet with sweat.