22

Mu Xueyi was stunned after pushing the door open.

There is no one in the room.

She tentatively called out: "A Yue?"

The evening breeze lifted a corner of the balcony curtain and waited for a while, but there was no response.

Mu Xueyi walked to the balcony and looked outside. No one was on the balcony. She went inside again, but Zhou Zhenyue was not in bed either.

"Ayue?" She called Zhou Zhenyue as she walked to the bathroom.

The bathroom door was unlocked, and Mu Xueyi went in easily. As soon as the door opened, she still had half a sentence of "A Yue" in her mouth, and she caught sight of Zhou Zhenyue lying in the bathtub.

Zhou Zhenyue leaned against the edge of the bathtub, her long hair damply scattered outside the porcelain-white bathtub, her eyes closed, as if she was asleep.

The water is still steaming, but there are not many bubbles left. Through the surface of the water, some places that should not be seen can be seen vaguely. There are a few yellow rubber ducks floating on the water that only children can play with. Zhou Zhenyue is holding one in her hand hanging outside the bathtub. The little duck and her fingertips are dripping with water.

Mu Xueyi held her breath and carefully approached. In order not to see what she shouldn't, she squatted down by the bathtub to look up at her.

Staring at Zhou Zhenyue's sleeping face for a few minutes, Mu Xueyi smiled, gently grasped her wrist, and took off the rubber duck in her hand.

It must be so tired that you can fall asleep even in the bath.

Unexpectedly, Zhou Zhenyue suddenly woke up when he took the duck halfway.

After a vague dream, Zhou Zhenyue slowly opened her eyes, half-snooking her eyelids, looking at the little duck that was dragged halfway by Mu Xueyi in her hand.

After a long while, she sighed dullly from her throat, her voice still drowsy: "Just thinking about picking the duck, I don't know if I wake up first."

Mu Xueyi said hurriedly: "I am not..."

Zhou Zhenyue let go and stuffed the rubber duck to Mu Xueyi, indulging him as always, "Take it."

Mu Xueyi held the wet rubber duck and opened her mouth, not knowing what to say.

Zhou Zhenyue frowned and rubbed his temples, "You go out first, I'll put on some clothes."

Mu Xueyi didn't dare to look at her, so he hummed and hurriedly left the bathroom with his eyes hiding.

She stood by the bathroom door for a while, not knowing what to do for a while.

For a long time, she suddenly remembered what she was holding, so she went to the sofa to find her bag, dried the rubber duck with her cuffs, and carefully put it into the inner pocket of the shoulder bag.

With a "creak", Zhou Zhenyue pushed open the bathroom door.

She was wearing a loose white bathrobe, her hair was half-dry, and her eyes were still tired.

"Are the building blocks finished?" she asked in a low voice while pouring water on the side of the coffee table.

Mu Xueyi sat on the sofa obediently, with a pleasing eyebrow, "I haven't finished spelling it, it's too much."

Zhou Zhenyue: "I will leave tomorrow after finishing the spell."

Mu Xueyi whispered, "That... I won't be able to finish it tomorrow."