12

12. Chapter 12
Mu Xueyi hesitated for a few days after learning about the car accident that year. Amidst the guilt and anxiety, she decided to take the initiative to talk to Zhou Zhenyue.

But when she asked about Xiao Ai, she learned that Zhou Zhenyue had visited a branch in other provinces and only returned a month later.

Zhou Fengnian heard that Mu Xueyi was not in a good state these days, and worried that she was thinking about her alone, so he ordered Xiao Ai to take her to the old house for a meal.

In the afternoon that day, Xiao Ai took Mu Xueyi to the old house.

When they walked to the backyard of Zhou's house, the two happened to ran into Zhou Fengnian sitting on the grass repairing the water pipe. The old man was wearing a dirty blue work clothes, and his screw-screw action seemed quite powerful.

When Zhou Fengnian saw her coming, he wiped the sweat from his head and waved with a smile: "Girl, I made tea at the table under the porch. Go and sit down. I'll be fine."

Mu Xueyi didn't go to sit, but walked into the grass to help the old man hold the pipe, a little surprised: "I didn't expect you to repair this kind of thing?"

Zhou Fengnian tapped on the pipe with a wrench: "What is a water pipe? I repaired a tank when I was young." He asked again, "Have you seen a tank, girl?"

Mu Xueyi shook his head: "No."

Zhou Fengnian laughed loudly: "It's a good thing that I haven't seen it in this age!"

While talking, he tightened the last screw, took off the dirty work clothes and handed it to the housekeeper on the side, flushed his hands with the water pipe, took Mu Xueyi and walked towards the corridor.

Zhou Fengnian poured tea for her and said slowly, "Crescent Yaer went on a business trip. Actually... If you are bored alone, you can live with me."

Mu Xueyi shook her head hurriedly: "No, thank you."

Zhou Fengnian asked again: "Really no need?"

Mu Xueyi is very firm: "It's really not necessary."

Zhou Zhenyue must have placed very important documents in this house. How dare she agree to live in the old man in private?

After all... she was the one who stole her things.

Zhou Fengnian saw the strangeness in her eyes, was silent for a moment, and actively asked: "Did you tell you about her car accident that day, and you were a little bit upset?"

Mu Xueyi did not answer, but stared at the green tea leaves in the teacup.

Zhou Fengnian took a sip of tea, coughed away from the chaos in his throat, and slowly said: "Girl, I don't know what you were awkward at that time, but... you can't blame you for that accident. People must be a little accidental in their lives, sometimes It happens on the ordinary way to work, and sometimes just hits the bones of breaking up. It's just a coincidence. You really don't have to blame yourself."

The old man's tolerance did not make Mu Xueyi feel better, but made her feel even more breathless.

Zhou Fengnian watched Mu Xueyi still not talking, thinking for less time, pretending to be briskly asked: "Hey, you haven't seen her for a few days, have you chatted with her on video?"

Mu Xueyi lowered her eyes: "...nothing."

Zhou Fengnian sighed: "You two are still awkward, right? In fact, I saw it when I was in the hospital last time. The atmosphere between you is weird." He smiled gently and patted Mu kindly. On the back of Xueyi's hand, she asked again: "Then she has been away for so many days, do you want her?"