17

Chapter 17
At 7 o'clock in the evening, Zhou Zhenyue returned to the hotel with Mu Xueyi.

There is only one shower room in the hotel. Zhou Zhenyue knew that Mu Xueyi was used to taking a bath at 8 o'clock every night, so she went out early.

After leaving the hotel, Zhou Zhenyue called Xiao Ai to go shopping in the nearby supermarket.

Originally there was no purpose to wander, but after walking, Zhou Zhenyue walked slowly to the infant area, and suddenly stood in front of a wall of milk powder.

Xiao Ai asked cautiously: "Zhou, do you...want or want to drink?"

Zhou Zhenyue raised her hand to take out a can of milk powder, and pinched the gift toy next to her to take a closer look. In the net bag included are a large rubber duck and four small rubber ducks, the yellow and orange ones are the most common on the market.

She smiled softly and asked Xiao Ai: "Put two in the bath, do you think it's okay?"

Xiao Ai's mouth twitched: "You are past this age, right..."

Zhou Zhenyue stared at the five rubber ducks, "Not for me."

Xiao Ai prolonged the ending sound "Oh-", and immediately understood.

"I just think," Zhou Zhenyue put the rubber duck and the can of milk powder into the shopping basket in Xiao Ai's hand. "She likes those two live ones so much, and she should like this too."

Xiao Ai couldn't help saying, "Mr. Zhou, don't blame me for talking too much. Since you still like Miss Er so much, why do you have to be awkward? Miss Er also has your own difficulties. You can't go on like this, only She will slowly open her heart to you when she is truly together."

Zhou Zhenyue was silent for a long time.

When he spoke again, he did not resolutely deny it as usual: "...maybe."

She thought that she would not be able to get through the obstruction in her heart anyway, but the events of the past two days made her understand that there is actually nothing more important than Mu Xueyi being able to stay peacefully beside her.

She still didn't know if Mu Xueyi came back this time with sincerity.

But Mu Xueyi said yes, why should she believe it again?

Xiao Ai grinned and said, "Aren't you noisy?"

Zhou Zhenyue did not speak. Although he still didn't show his attitude, it was the first time he didn't deny it.

After returning to the hotel, Zhou Zhenyue put the things he bought on the coffee table. When I was bending down, I saw Mu Xueyi's phone on the desktop vibrating on the bright screen.

Mu Xueyi still didn't come out of the bathroom, so she definitely couldn't pick it up. The name of the caller ID was Zhong Wan. Zhou Zhenyue knew this person. He was Mu Ruqing's assistant and Mu Xueyi's only friend since childhood.

So she didn't think too much, and said to the inside through the door: "You have a phone."

In the door, Mu Xueyi's voice came dimly: "...help me pick it up."

What kind of trust it is to be able to allow a person to answer calls from someone who does not know who is coming from.

At the very least, Mu Xueyi, who was ill-informed before, had never asked herself to answer any calls for her.

Zhou Zhenyue smiled very lightly, bent over to pick up the phone, and put it next to her ear after it was connected.

Before there was time to say "Hello?", Mu Ruqing's voice came through the receiver.