10

10. Chapter 10
At the night market stall in the middle of the night, the owner was sweating profusely while cooking a pot of small wontons, and the steam filled the pot.

Zhou Zhenyue crossed her arms and stood aside, and Mu Xueyi stood five steps behind her. The two remained silent.

After the small wontons were cooked, the boss put the lunch box into a plastic bag and handed it to Zhou Zhenyue, wiping a hand of sweat and eagerly said: "It's going to rain soon, and the beautiful lady should walk faster on the road."

Zhou Zhenyue took the wontons and said lightly, "Thank you."

She turned around and left, Mu Xueyi immediately followed, but still didn't follow too closely, still five steps away.

When the two of them walked halfway, there was a thunderous thunder from the sky, and huge raindrops suddenly fell. Without giving people a little time to prepare, they showed a downward trend. All of a while, the air was full of wet concrete. taste.

The rain came so quickly that the two of them had to go to the nearest bus stop to hide from the rain. Zhou Zhenyue tried to contact Xiao Ai to deliver the umbrella, but for some reason, no one answered the phone.

Mu Xueyi still didn't dare to get too close to Zhou Zhenyue, sitting very close to the side. The roof of the bus station was already narrow, the rain was brought to her lap by the wind, and she was shaking a little while holding her arms.

Zhou Zhenyue glanced at her: "...sit down."

Mu Xueyi felt warm and moved gently to Zhou Zhenyue's side, with a smirk on her lips.

Zhou Zhenyue looked at the corners of her tight lips, her eyes became cold a little: "Is it ridiculous to see me being tricked into this way by you and still caring about you without a bottom line?"

Mu Xueyi shook her head hurriedly: "I didn't mean that..."

Zhou Zhenyue turned her eyes and looked at the torrential rain outside the station. Her voice was full of estrangement: "You should have enough circles these days. Let's just say it, your real purpose for approaching me this time."

Mu Xueyi was taken aback: "What?"

Zhou Zhenyue was silent for a moment and said, "Do you want the same files as last time, or some other commercial secrets?"

Mu Xueyi was in a daze, his heart filled with thick bitterness, and his fingertips curled into his palm.

"Ayue, you always think I'm still lying to you."

Zhou Zhenyue lowered her eyes, her black eyelashes were like a reed bended by the wind, lightly dipped in the water under her eyes. The voice is also like this, in the tenacity of neither humble nor overbearing, unspoken compromises are revealed.

"If you speak frankly today, as long as it's not too much...I will give it to you."

Mu Xueyi couldn't help but smile, his eyes flushed halfway: "Then... after giving it to me? I have to leave you obediently and never disturb you, right? I don't understand, since you think I'm always there. Lie to you, why did you risk being scammed and tied me to you with a contract for five full years?"

She buckled the narrow iron stool, holding back tears, "Ayue, do you want me to stay, or do you want me to go?"

Zhou Zhenyue was silent for a long time before she answered:

"... Whether you stay or not, you are always alone in the final say. You ask me like this, as if my opinion can really influence you."

Mu Xueyi thought of Zhou Zhenyue who had been left behind over the years, and her grievances were covered with deep guilt. She clenched her fists, lowered her head, and her tone began to lowly: "I left on my own three years ago. I was sorry for you. I knew it was wrong. I really had no other purpose when I came back this time. You believe me."