"I don’t know if it’s inconvenient on your side. Let me make a long story short. Within three days, get the latest quotation sheet drawn up by Zhou Zhenyue. This time this partner is very important. M Moser must win over. You should be able to understand. Don’t stay at Zhou’s house for a long time and forget what you are going to do.... You know my mailbox, I'll wait for your mail."

"beep--"

The phone has been hung up, but the fingers holding the phone are still frozen in the air.

Zhou Zhenyue forgot to breathe for a long time.

After a long while, she breathed out gently, only to feel her fingertips numb with ice.

She didn't seem to know what expression she should make, and the corners of her mouth twitched.

The warmth that I applied to my heart a minute ago, like mud, softness is just a momentary illusion. Before it can solidify, it will crack with muscles and flesh.

Zhou Zhenyue sat on the sofa holding the phone until Mu Xueyi came out of the shower.

Mu Xueyi wiped her hair and walked over, her drooping eyelashes still wet, "Ayue, who was looking for me just now?"

Zhou Zhenyue did not answer her question, but handed the phone to Mu Xueyi, without any emotion in her tone, "...your phone."

The half of her face was expressionless, without sorrow or joy, as if she had returned to how they were when they were strangers in the first place.

Mu Xueyi felt Zhou Zhenyue's strangeness, and asked her hurriedly: "What's wrong with you?"

Zhou Zhenyue tried to suppress the waves in her eyes and glanced at Mu Xueyi lightly.

She had just finished the shower, her hair ends and neck were stained with small drops of water, and her skin was still pale from the freezing rain. Like a sickly deer, with clear and weak eyes.

Mu Xueyi seems to always be like this.

Every inch of bone is fragile.

In the end, Zhou Zhenyue still did not choose to question anything, she said very lightly, "I still have to socialize," then turned and left the house.

She can still see her clenched fists even when the door is closed.

Mu Xueyi stood on the spot at a loss, watching Zhou Zhenyue's leaving back, she was as immobile as if she had been soaked in an ice bucket.

She clearly felt something was wrong.

She thought of the call just now, so she hurriedly turned on the phone to check it. Seeing that it was Zhong Wan's call, she dialed it without thinking.

After a short wait, the call was connected.

Mu Xueyi: "Wanwan, did you call me just now?"

There was a long silence in the receiver before answering: "Yes."

Mu Xueyi hurriedly asked, "What did you just say?"

Zhong Wan took a breath, and when he was about to speak, there was another faint sound of body rubbing. Her breath paused, and for several seconds she was hesitant to speak.

In the end, Zhong Wan just said: "...It's nothing, you don't speak, I just hang up."

Mu Xueyi believed Zhong Wan very much, and they were the least secret friends when they were young. Even those few seconds of silence did not make her suspect that Zhong Wan would lie to her.

It seems that it is not the reason for this call.

What could be the reason?

Mu Xueyi was suddenly very scared, for fear that Zhou Zhenyue suddenly wanted to open it at a certain point in time just now, completely letting go of all the fetters between them.