CHAPTER 71-The Missing Locket and The Poison Drink

Oliver and Ron were soon taken to the hospital wing much to Oliver's pleasure, he kept reassuring everyone that he was fine and had to make it home to Eliza. Liam told him that he'll let her know and he was going to make sure she was okay. Oliver soon gave in and decided to let Madam Pomfrey to check on him. 

As Oliver was about to leave the Hospital wing, Eliza and the twins came to check on him and Ron. After a while Oliver was sleeping in one of the beds in the hospital wing so was Ron, their faces paler than usual. All their friends surrounding them with worried looks, Eliza holding on to Oliver's hand as Hermione was sitting next to Ron's bed. 

Dumbledore came in with McGonagall, Snape and Slughorn as the elder wizard looked between both of the people in the bed before glancing at Harry and Liam, "Good thinking both you, using a bezoar" he complimented. 

He then turned around to look at Snape, "Must be very proud of your son, Severus". 

Liam not meeting his father's eye as he looked at Oliver, Snape keeping his eye on him before giving a firm nod, "Very proud". Dumbledore then looking at Slughorn. 

"You must be very proud of your student, Horace", Slughorn snapping out of his train of thought as he glanced at Dumbledore. 

"Hm? oh, yes, very proud" he responded before looking back. The four professors looked at the scene in front of them with a daze. 

"I think we agree, Potter and Snape's actions were heroic," McGonagall started looking between Liam and Harry, "The question is, why were they necessary?"

"Why, indeed?" Dumbledore asked with a perplexed look walking towards Slughorn. 

Mason lifted his head up as he sniffed from where he was standing before quickly looking back at Oliver mumbling something under his breath. Fred looking at the young Hufflepuff with a concerned look, Eliza let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through his hair trying to see if her husband wakes up. George grabbing her free hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

"This happens to be a gift, Horace" Dumbledore said as he saw the professor hold a canister and taking it away from his grasp, "You don't remember who gave you this bottle?". 

Slughorn shaking his head, Dumbledore took the cap off as he smelled it, " Which by the way, possess remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry...when not polluted with Poison" 

Everyone looking at their direction, Snape grabbing the bottle out of his grasp Liam making his way towards them. "Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself" Slughorn admitted. Snape now smelling it before passing it Liam. 

"To whom, might I ask?" Dumbledore spoke eyeing him carefully, "To you, Headmaster" Slughorn replied quietly. 

Everyone now looking back at their friends on the bed, the room quiet but not long before they heard rushed footsteps rushing inside, "Where is he? Where's my won-won? Has he been asking for me?" A frantic Lavender Brown called out making her presence known. 

George and Mason giving a small snicker at the name as Fred just smiled before it disappeared as he looked at his ring. Everyone's attention at Lavender, she looked around the room until she caught sight of Hermione, who stayed in her seat ignoring the girl. Hermione kept her head held up high as she looked at Ron. 

"What is she doing here?" Lavender asked, Hermione quickly stood up from her seat to look at the girl with a glare, "I might ask you the same question?". 

Lavender walking towards the girl with a livid expression, Mason quickly making his way next to Hermione, the girl stopping in her tracks as she looked at him. Hermione glancing at Mason with a small smile.