CHAPTER 18- THE TRUTH

"Expelliarmus!" Lupin yelled. Harry's wand flew out of his hand and Lupin ushered him to stand next to Hermione.

"[Y/N], Oliver." Hermione yelled as she saw the twins standing by the doorway.

"Well, well Sirius looking a bit ragged. Finally, the skin reflects the madness within." Lupin said looking down at Sirius his wand pointed at him.

"Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius replied a small smile playing on his lips.

Lupin looked down at Sirius a little longer before putting his wand down and helping Sirius up, embracing him in a hug. The golden trio looked surprised while the twins smiled widely, Sirius let Remus go before looking at his kids and hugging them as well.

"No! I trusted you! And all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione stepped away from Harry and pointed at Lupin, "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!" 

"How long have you known?" Remus questioned.

"Since professor Snape set the essay." 

"Well, well, well, Hermione, you really are the brightest witch of your age I ever met-" 

"Yes. Enough talk Remus come on let's kill him!" Sirius yelled.

"Wait!-"

"I DID MY WAITING! TWELVE YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN!" Sirius yelled.

"He's not wrong, and I think being a more specific should do because the look on Harry's face." Oliver mumbled to his sister who nodded  

"Very well, kill him. But wait one more minute Harry and the twins have the right to know why, the twins never stopped believing your innocent." Lupin said giving Sirius the wand.

"I know why! He betrayed my parents! you're the reason they're dead!" 

"No Harry it wasn't him-" Oliver spoke up 

"Sirius was aunt Lily and uncle James secret keeper Harry but he changed it last minute to someone else." [Y/N] went on, looking at him.

"They're right Harry, someone else betrayed your parents. Somebody who until quite recently, I believed to be dead!" Lupin added.

"Who was it then?" Harry yelled.

"Peter Pettigrew! and he's in this room! right now! come out, come out Peter! Come out, come out and play!" Sirius shouted as he walked around the room.

"Dad! I think it sounded a bit mental, They might not believe you." Oliver said, Sirius giving him a look but before anyone could say anything more Snape came running up the stairs.

"Expelliarmus! Ah, vengeance is sweet! how I hoped I'd be the one to catch you!" 

"Severus, it-" Lupin spoke.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle and here's the proof." 

"Brilliant Snape once again, you put your keen and penetrating mind to the task, as usual to come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you excuse us, Remus and I have a bit of unfinished business to tend to." Sirius spat as he walked forward but Snape put his wand to his neck.

"Give me a reason to, I beg you" 

"Don't be a fool Severus!" Lupin walked closer towards them.

"He can't help it, it's a habit by now." Sirius muttered.

"Quiet Sirius!"

"Listen to you two. Quarrelling like an old married couple."

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set!" Sirius yelled, the twins snorted causing Snape attention to go to them.