CHAPTER 68-Welcome Home Black

It felt like hours have passed and this was going nowhere, she felt like there was no use in fighting this case and no matter what Tonks will say it won't change anyone's mind. (Y/N) remained seated throughout the whole trial, she couldn't even take glance at her family and friends who came to support her. Liam ran a little late but was still able to make it, he had to pass a lot of reporters outside to make it in. 

"Are you trying to say Ms.Black, didn't know what she was doing during the time she was committing the murders?"

"I can assure you Ms.Black isn't capable of doing such crime--I mean she works in the Ministry of Magic" Tonks defended. (Y/N) shifted in her seat trying to relax herself. 

"Augustus Rookwood, worked in the Ministry of Magic yet he betrayed us and leaked information to You-Know-Who" Whispers of agreement filled the room. 

"Well the difference between Rookwood and Black is she is not working with Voldemort, but he was. Augustus Rookwood was and till this day is faithful to the Dark Lord" 

At the mention on Voldemort, a gasp was heard as some shiver at the name. Many others tensed up and let out a small yelp, (Y/N) rolled her eyes when she saw how they were reacting she still couldn't believe many were still afraid to say his name. 

"Silence!" Rufus Scrimgeour shouted, the whispers died down as he cleared his throat, "I will appreciate if you were to say You-Know-Who,--" 

"Voldemort--You-know-Who, what's the difference really?" His gaze shifted from Tonks to (Y/N) who leaned forward in her seat to look at him. This was the first time she had talked since they arrived, ever since she said her name Tonks was the one talking for her.

"What was that?" 

"I said what's the difference is she says Voldemort or You-Know-Who, he still going to try to kill anyone who won't follow him either way" (Y/N) shrugged as she leaned back in her chair as she looked at everyone in the Wizengamot. 

"How are you going to convince it wasn't actually Ms.Black that did these murders again?" Rufus asked Tonks but his gaze not leaving (Y/N). 

"The night the murders were taken place, death eaters named Bellatrix Lestrange--Harvey Riddle--Fenrir Greyback and two others came to The Weasleys residence and destroyed the place--" Tonks told him. 

"How does this--"

"I wasn't done," Tonks fired back, "Everyone tried to fight them but it didn't end well, Harvey Riddle took (Y/N) hostage"

Rufus narrowed his eyes on her before looking at (Y/N), "I think it's best we here the rest from you"

"Sir, I don't really think that's a good idea" Said Tonks here voice wavering slightly as she looked back at (Y/N). 

"And why not?"

"Because it's not something that's easy on her either" Tonks defended, "Don't you think--"

"I think we will all want to here, Ms.Black side of the story or this trial was just a waste of time" Tiberius Ogden, pressed on. 

Tonks let out a small sigh as she looked at (Y/N) with a sad look although (Y/N) was looking down at her shoes. She felt everyone looking at her this is what she feared, that one of them wanted to here her part so they could reconsider whatever it was they planned to do with her. 

It felt like silence lasted for hours, but it was barely a minute after awhile of debating with herself she looked up and cleared her throat.

"Harvey Riddle took me to the small village, I didn't know where I was...--but he wasn't alone two more death eaters were with him. One I had no idea who she or he was but the other didn't seem to care if I knew who him" (Y/N) started.