CHAPTER 7-THE OMEN OF DEATH

It's been a month and [Y/N] has been trying to distract herself from everything that has happened especially that day in the Great Hall. She was happy when Quidditch practice was finally taking place again

[Y/N] was grateful that Oliver Wood was making them practice longer today. She needed a distraction for what was going on. Practice was going great- she was flying straight to the hoops and made another score. [Y/N] smiled as Wood threw the quaffle back to her.

"Great job, Black, one more time" Oliver Wood told her.

[Y/N] nodded but the rest of the team were too tired to continue practice, they were wondering how their friend wasn't complaining, knowing her she was always the first to complain when Wood will make them practice till the sun set.

"Come on Oliver we're too tired, were playing Slytherin anyways that's an easy win. We do have the best seeker on the team," George was trying to reason with him.

Everyone else on the team nod except [Y/N] who just shrugged when Wood looked at her to see if she was complaining.

"That's the thing we're not playing Slytherin," Oliver Wood told the team making his way down to the field and getting off his broom- everyone else follow suit confused on who exactly they were meant to play on the upcoming game.

"Flint talked to me before we came to practice. We're Playing Hufflepuff instead." Wood said with annoyance in his voice

"Why?" Chorused the whole team

"Flint's excuse their seeker's arm is injured, but it's obvious why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this type of weather. Think I'll damage their chances in winning," Said Wood, through gritted teeth

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm, he's faking it." Harry told Wood furiously.

"Well...now I'm going to show Malfoy, what an actual broken arm feels like" [Y/N] stated making her way back to the castle but before she could even take a step, Fred wrapped his arm around her waist so she wouldn't go anywhere, making her stop immediately to look down at his arm and then Fred who just winked at her and turned back to look at Wood.

"I Know but we can't prove it,'' Said Wood bitterly, "And we've been practicing all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style style's quite different. They've got a new captain and seeker, Cedric Diggory-"

Angelina, Alicia and Katie suddenly giggled.

"He's that tall, good-looking one isn't he?" Angelina started with a big smile.

"Strong and silent," Said Katie making them giggle again.

"Plus he has a thing for [Y/N] since first year. Probably hopes to catch her attention at the game." Alicia mention making the whole team turn to see if [Y/N] have anything to add about Cedric.

"What- No that's not true." [Y/N] replied, her eyes slightly wide, "He does not have a thing for me and if your waiting for me to say anything I'm not"

Fred tried to hide his smile when [Y/N] didn't have anything to say about Cedric and just tightened his grip on her waist slightly making her look up to give him a small smile.

"Good at least most of you have your priorities straight now I want you all to make it to practice this week and next till game day." Wood finished telling everyone to change and head back to the castle for dinner

~~~~

Once The twins, Lee, Harry and [Y/N] made their way to the Great Hall for dinner, they saw Oliver and Liam sitting at the Gryffindor table waiting for them. No one really mind since they already got used to them always sitting there. Hermione and Ron were waiting for Harry and they all sat and talked all during dinner.