CHAPTER 29-THE YULE BALL

It was the day before The Yule Ball and the twins were still trying to help Harry and Ron find dates. Oliver was teaching them how to be charming and confident but it always backfired one of them, always messing something up and making the girls finding excuses to leave.

The boys started to slowly give up but [Y/N] kept on trying with them. The twins were with Harry in the common room as he was laying down on the couch with the golden egg on top of him.

"I mean, I did ask someone to the ball but they said they were already going with someone." Harry sighed.

"Who did you ask?" Oliver asked.

"Cho Chang, she told me someone already asked her." Harry admits, [Y/N] felt slightly guilty.

"Oh yeah she's going with Cedric, he told me yesterday apparently he asked someone to help him there were fireworks and everything." Harry gave Oliver a look before playing with the egg.

"Sorry."

At that moment, the common room door opened, Ginny walked in with a distress Ron many other girls behind him helping Ron walk inside. Hermione came walking down the girl dormotorie to go see what was going on and the twins quickly stood up next to Harry.

"What happened to you?" Harry questioned.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out." Ginny responded, [Y/N] went wide eye.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"What did she say?"

"No of course." Hermione said, Ron shook his head, [Y/N] was waiting for him to continue, "She said yes?"

"Don't be silly. There she was walking by. You know how I like it when they walk-" Harry nodded for him to continue, "I couldn't help it, It just sort of slipped out."

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening." Ginny mentioned.

"I mean she already had a date so she would've said no, and after what you did she might even stay away from you." [Y/N] said, making everyone turn to look at her, Oliver giving her a stern look, "What?"

"Nevermind, what did you do then?" Harry sighed.

"What else? I ran for it. I'm not cut out for this Harry, I don't know what got into me." Ron rambled. Harry then spotted the Patil twins coming down an idea came to mind he went after them and [Y/N] turned around to see him telling them something as they giggled and nodded before leaving Harry.

"You asked them, didn't you?" [Y/N] grins.

"Yeah, Padma agree to go with Ron and Parvati is going with me." Harry said.

"See? It's not hard to ask someone." Oliver chimed in.

"Whatever, I'm heading to bed.Goodnight." Harry hugged Oliver then [Y/N] before telling Ron to go with him upstairs.

"Well, I'm going to bed as well. Goodnight Oli." 

"Goodnight (Y/N/N)." Oliver hugged his sister before he let go and she went upstairs as he left the common room.

It was now Christmas day, the day of the Yule Ball, [Y/N] woke up early and noticed how Angelina was the only one in the room as she was sitting on her bed writing something down. [Y/N] sat down on the bed yawning also stretching. Angelina turned around and gave her a small smile before she continued writing something. [Y/N] smiled and looked at the side of her bed and notice a small box with a red bow a note on top.

"Good morning (Y/N/N). Someone knocked on the door early I got up and opened it but no one was there just that box." Angelina said.

"Good morning and thanks." Angelina nodded. Y/N  got up and went to her trunk to take some clothes before walking to the bathroom. She took a warm shower, brushed her teeth. Once she was done, [Y/N] changed into black sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt letting her hair dry, she walked out the bathroom and sat on her bed before grabbing the box and opening the note first.