83

Third Person POV

Y/N and Jean sat at the park bench that was facing towards the play ground. 

Pepino was still playing by himself in front of the two.

They said their greetings to one another. 

Then they made small talk with one another. 

"How have you been Y/N?" Jean asked Y/N. 

"I've... I've been better. I'm really unhappy with the way my life has turned out. It's just. My father doesn't make anything easier and he finally said he was disappointed in me. He's never said that to me before." Y/N said, feeling scared to open up a little too much because she hasn't opened up to her husband Levi yet. 

"Y/N... Are you ok?" Jean asked, noticing that she looked both scared and upset at the mention of her father. 

Tears were welding up in Y/N eyes. 

She looked at Jean and the tears began to flow. 

"No." She said softly. 

"Talk to me." He said. 

It was soft, kind, and inviting. 

Almost as if he knew how to get her to talk. 

"I want out. I'm unhappy where I am at. My dad won't ever give me a chance. I only ever disappoint him. If I just moved away, cut time with him, the company, and Levi... maybe then he'll be happy that I am out of his life for good. I don't want to be around here anymore. I just can't." 

The more she thought about it. 

She didn't want to leave Levi. 

She adored him. 

Admired him. 

She wanted to cherish him the way he cherishes her. 

She felt all these positive emotions towards him that she has yet to express towards him.

But those ideas were over powered by the thought of getting away completely. 

Cutting ties with the company for good, meant that she had to leave Levi as well. 

It was either all or nothing. 

Jean loved the idea that he had came to her to express that she wanted to get away. 

She looked so distraught about it all, and it was comforting to him that she ended up opening up to him. 

He was glad to see that she was expressing her emotions, especially since she had trouble with that back in high school.

"You said you want out. What do you mean?" Jean asked. 

He knew what she meant, but he had to hear it from her to correctly confirm it. 

"I want to run away. I have no purpose being here. Everyone will be happier once I'm out of their lives." She had said. 

It broke Jean's heart to hear that, but he understood it. 

Even in high school, Y/N hated the idea of marrying some man as a business deal. He remembered how she would complain about meeting the guy, how her parents expected so much from her, how the guy had called her unfit and how he had wishes he didn't have to marry Y/N. 

Now here they are. 

Jean doesn't know their relationship, he is aware of that, but Levi got his dream girl. And Jean would do anything to get her back. 

Even if it meant dropping everything right in front of him for her. 

"Y/N, are you really that unhappy that you would want to drop everything you have to get away?" Jean asked.