2

Y/N POV 

"Sweetheart, he'll be here soon, go put on something nicer." My mom said. 

"But I thought I did look nice." I said to her. I put effort into what I was wearing. 

"It isn't good enough. Gosh, I know you have much better clothes than that." My mom said with a scowl. 

Levi was going to be coming over for dinner tonight and my parents wanted to discuss the marriage arrangements. More so with Levi than anything because I wasn't really on board with the idea. 

They were leaving it all up to Levi and told him I would comply with anything. 

I headed upstairs to my room. I guess I have to find another outfit to wear. 

I felt myself get a little upset. 

Eventually I was going to be basically signing my life away to some guy that I had met a handful of times but my parents constantly talk about. 

I don't want this. 

I wanted to run away with Jean.   

Not be here with my parents and my soon to be husband that I didn't care for and was forced to marry. 

I had no motivation to find another outfit. I'll just stay in this one and take the scolding from my mother later. 

I just sat on my bed. Thinking. 

What would my life had been like if Jean didn't feel guilty that night? 

What if my parents didn't find out that I was going to run away with him? 

What would life be like if I wasn't a business deal? 

I then felt something wet hit my hand that was sitting in my lap. 

Tears. 

I didn't know I was crying. 

I then heard the doorbell ring. 

That must be him. 

I quickly wiped away my tears and knew that didn't help much. 

I was still going to have tears in my eyes regardless. 

I was glad my eyeliner and mascara were waterproof.

I heard the door open and my mother greet Levi who was at the door. 

"Levi, sweetheart, it is so great to see you!" She said in an overly sweet tone. 

"The pleasure is all mine Mrs. L/N." I heard him say. 

I walked down the stairs slowly. 

Once I was in view, my mother acknowledged me. 

"Y/N! Nice of you to join us now. Why don't you take Levi up to your room and we'll call you down once dinner is ready." She said with an obvious fake smile. 

"Wouldn't the living room be enough?" I asked almost emotionless. 

"Y/N." My mother said sternly. 

It only made my tears want to come out even more. 

I turned around and spoke softly. "You're welcome to join me if you'd like Mr. Ackerman." 

I proceeded to head towards my room. 

I heard foot steps following behind me. 

I got to my room and was moving little things here and there. 

I saw that Levi had made himself comfortable on the edge of my bed. 

"Your room is a complete mess. And don't get me started on your appearance. Your eyes look lifeless and what is with the outfit. It doesn't suit you." He said with an attitude.