8

Y/N POV

I got my bag packed. I just needed my laptop and sleeping clothes and one outfit and a change of undergarments. 

I continued to cry while I was packing and not long after the doorbell rang. 

I heard my mother open the door and I was already halfway down the stairs. 

"Levi sweetheart, what are you doing here?" She asked a little puzzled. 

"I'm here for Y/N. She called upset so I'm taking her for a few days. Obviously something happened so it's better to take her away from here. Maybe then she will be a little happier." He said with a cold expression towards my dad who was standing not too far behind my mom. 

I reached the bottom of the stairs and was about to walk towards Levi but my mother spoke up. 

"It was just a misunderstanding, she's fine. She's just being a little dramatic." She said almost pleading. 

"A few days away won't hurt Mrs L/N. It also gives your husband some time to think about the way he speaks to your daughter and to not lay a hand on her." He said again looking coldly at my dad. 

"Let's go Y/N." Levi said as he walked out of the front door and I followed not far behind.

We got into the car and it was silent except for my occasional sniffles. 

Levi was driving and he didn't say anything. I didn't even know where we were going. 

I didn't even want to ask. 

After a while we had stopped in a nice neighborhood and in front of a small cozy looking house. 

Levi had cut the engine and he stayed staring at the steering wheel. 

"So what happened?" He asked. 

"My dad had said he expected me to go over everything with the two of them and said he didn't care what you had said and I had tried to argue with him and after he struck me." I said sniffling a bit. 

He had let out a long and heavy sigh. 

"I'll get you out of there soon." I heard Levi whisper. 

"Its just two more months. I can handle it." I said softly. 

"While you're planning the wedding, I'll be looking for apartments. The sooner the better so you don't have to put up with them breathing down your neck all the damn time." He said. 

"If you say so. I mean we'll be living with each other regardless eventually." I said more to myself. I still was upset about how we are forced into this marriage. 

"You never met my mom before, she's inside but she's getting ready to go to a conference so all you have to do is make small talk. She'll probably point out that you appear that you have been crying. Lets go." He said and exited the car. 

He grabbed my bookbag from the back and I spoke up. 

"I can get it don't worry."

"It's fine. I'll get it for you." We went up to the front door and Levi unlocked the door. 

"Mom I'm home!" He called out into the house. 

I heard heels clicking through the house. 

"Hi sweetheart, how did lunch go with..." She entered the front room and stopped when she looked at me. 

"You must be the famous Y/N." She said with a smile on her face coming up to me and engulfing me into a hug. 

It was such a warm and caring hug.