29

Levi POV

"Your wife is really pretty, and she is really nice too." Tanya said softly to me. 

I mean I guess. 

"Yeah she is. Listen kid, you did good by coming to us, but you really shouldn't be out here alone."

"My mom said she just needed to park the car. She let me down because we thought we saw my friends." She said sounding a little upset. 

"Regardless, its good to hear that you didn't go with that man." 

She stayed quiet. 

Would anyone notice if she had gone with that creep? 

I really am glad that she decided to come to us instead of continue wandering around alone. 

"What made you decide to come to us?" I asked her. 

I was actually a little curious. 

She could have sat with another parent closer to the playground. 

"You guys looked happy together. I felt like I'd be safe around happy people. And I did. Also you both looked like you would know something was wrong if I sat with you guys." 

Well, I don't know if happy is the right word to describe how Y/N and I are together. 

I would say I guess content. 

"How are you feeling now?" I asked her. 

"Better. I am still a little scared, but I don't feel as bad as earlier."

"Well we aren't leaving you behind until your mom comes to pick you up." 

"Thank you." She said. 

Y/N approached us again and spoke up. She did look a little frustrated but I know Tanya wasn't going to be able to tell.

"Did you want to continue to sit here or go for a little walk?" She asked.

A walk would be nice. 

But has this girl eaten?

"Tanya were you hungry?" I asked her.

"Just a little."

She perked up a bit. 

We prepared her a sandwich which she ate shyly but still ultimately ate it and finished it. 

It was only the bread, meat, rice, lettuce and cheese. 

Once she was finished with that, we decided we would walk around the park a bit to wait for Tanya's mom to show up. 

We picked up the blanket, put the remaining food in the back and packed it up. 

I went to go take the bag to the car. 

Once I returned to where Y/N and Tanya were, we walked around a bit and not long after her mom arrived. 

Her mom didn't look frantic, she didn't look concerned. 

She looked almost bothered. 

So we didn't know if it was really her mom or not. 

"Thank you for watching my daughter." She said, but it sounded forced. I knew Y/N knew it wasn't genuine as well. 

"And how do I know you are her mother?" Y/N asked with a platonic face. 

"Tell her Tanya." The lady seemed to get annoyed. 

"She's my mom." She said almost sounding upset. 

"Let's go Tanya, we have things to do." The lady said and tugged on Tanya's arm.