Natsu x Reader: Propose [requested]

Start from the beginning

"Oh uh, she went to the bakery to get some snacks."

Asuka gasped and started hopping on her feet, excitedly asking, "Is she getting the big cookies too?"

"Hm," Natsu thought, "I actually think she is."

The little girl beamed and quickly ran over to her parents to babble about what she was getting, and a minute later she had darted towards the door when she saw the outline of her friend.

"Who wants the extra special big cookie?" (Y/N) sang.

"Me, me!"

Over at the bar, Natsu looked over to Mira to see that she had hearts in her eyes.

"What's up with you?" Natsu questioned.

"You two better have kids."

"Let's not get too ahead of ourselves," Natsu laughed. "I think we should get one big relationship move out of the way before we add on another."

After (Y/N) handed over the cookies to Asuka, she was called over by Natsu. She followed him and sat down on one of the stools.

"What's up?"

"There's a tree lighting on tonight," Natsu brought up. "Wanna go?"

(Y/N)'s eyes lit up, and she mimicked Asuka's reaction to the news of cookies.

"I'll take that as a yes."

-------

They had arrived at the park later that night, and Natsu seemed nervous.

"Are you okay?"

Natsu waved it off, blaming the fact that he hadn't eaten yet. (Y/N) seemed to buy it, as she had taken hold of his hand and started to drag him closer to the tree. They waited for a little while until everyone was present, and (Y/N) said hello to all of her friends before she turned back to the tree.

"What's that?" Asuka spoke up as she pointed into Natsu's pocket.

"Uh..."

"What is it?"

"Asuka dear," Bisca tried to distract, "why don't we go get a good spot to watch the tree lighting?"

"But I wanna know what Natsu is holding."

(Y/N) spun around, just now hearing the conversation. She raised an eyebrow at Natsu before walking over to Asuka.

"What did you find?"

"Natsu is holding something in his pocket and no one will tell me what it is," she pouted.

The dragon slayer sighed loudly, which went unnoticed by both Asuka and (Y/N).

"Natsu, why don't you just tell her what you--"

A small gasp left her as she turned to face him. A nervous smile graced his face as he was on his knee and holding out the box that he was trying to hide.

"Surprise?" Natsu posed.

"That's not what you say, you idiot," Lucy muttered.

"Natsu...are you sure?"

Said mage started to laugh and grabbed her hand, rubbing the top with his thumb.

"I can honestly say that I am one hundred percent sure."

"Really?" She probed, still not believing what was happening.

"Say yes! Say yes!" Asuka chanted from behind them.

(Y/N) started to giggle and smiled down at her boyfriend.

"Okay."

She pulled him up and hugged him tight as he grabbed her hand and slid the ring on her finger. They both held child-like smiles on their faces, and it seemed like their faces would break if their smiles grew any more.

"Asuka, did you know about this?"

She shook her head and turned to her parents, asking, "How come I didn't know?"

"We wanted to keep it a secret, Asuka," Alzac revealed.

"I guess we do have a habit of telling each other everything, eh Asuka?"

The two girls laughed with each other before Asuka skipped over to the newly engaged couple.

"Now you have to have a baby so I can play with her all the time."

The two looked at each other before (Y/N) leaned into Natsu's side.

"Well?"

"I think we can do that."