"Surprise me" Eloise smiled kissing him lightly as he grinned turning toward the record player and pressing play. 

Kiss me once 

Then, kiss me twice

Then, kiss me once again

Its been a long, long time

"Oh I love this one" Eloise said as Sirius took her hand twirling her around into his chest as he hummed along with the song. 

"Haven't felt like this my dear since can't remember when" he sung softly as they swayed to the tune 

It's been a long, long time

"You'll never know how many dreams I dream about you, or just how empty they all seem without you" he grinned dipping her as they laughed

"You're so cheesy"

"I believe the word you're looking for is romantic darling" he smiled "So, kiss me once, then, kiss me twice, then, kiss me once again, it's been a long long time."

They stayed swaying gently to the tune of the song, as their minds drifted further into thought, continuing to bask in the arms of one another. 

It was the calm before the storm you could say, the full moon shone bright and Eloise's mind drifted to her werewolf friend and despite having the knowledge that he was calm and content with the potion she provided him with, she knew that it still didn't take away the constant pain he felt, the self loathing, the scars littered across his skin, the constant worry that he would hurt his friends and not the mention the being forced to listen to people with different opinions on lycanthropes. The thought alone broke her heart, the knowledge that her friend who she held close to her heart and loved dearly, could never love himself or see himself the same way that she does, that Sirius does, that James does, that Lily does, that Peter does. 

Her mind then drifted to Regulus and she wondered if he was safe, what was he doing right now, was he happy? Probably not. Was he attacking muggles? Was he saving who he could? Was he hurt? Was he in pain? Eloise had so many questions and concerns regarding her best friend most of which she wasn't entirely sure that she wanted to know the answers to. If he was in pain she needed to do something, she needed to save him. But she can't, she knows she can't and it's because he's been branded with that..that symbol. The mark of death. He belonged to Voldemort now, his life was no longer his to control, Regulus Black was doomed to die young and there was absolutely nothing that could be done to change that. 

And the clock hit twelve they welcomed yet another new year. "Happy new year my love" mumbled Sirius as they continued to sway

"Happy new year" she whispered but all excitement within her was replaced with dread, because something told her that this was not going to be a happy year at all.

---

Regulus was sat in the dark room, the walls papered with a pattern that screamed wealth. Goblin made cutlery and decor was all throughout the building, clearly the "Gaunt's" or Riddle's he should say, liked to make their wealth known as a way to assert power. 

Ophelia was hidden away in some room in the dark dingy house. A sinister silence was all that there was in the room despite it being full of death eaters, each of them too scared to speak with the knowledge that the Dark Lord was taking over the Wizarding world and it was only a matter of time before they met their fate. 

Darkness loomed over every inch of the world, people disappearing, children dying, people being tortured. These were people that Regulus goes to school with, these were people that Regulus knew, these were people like Sirius, and James Potter and Peter Pettigrew- blood traitors. People like Eloise. 

Sure Regulus was now with Ophelia but that doesn't change the fact that Eloise Potter was and always will be his first love even if it was unrequited. He would always love her, protect her, want to keep her safe which is exactly why Regulus knew he had to find a way to defeat the dark lord. Everyone had a weakness, so what was his?

The most obvious answer was Ophelia, but regulus would die before he hurt her. So there had to be something else. Whatever this mans weakness was Regulus was determined to find out, even if it cost him his life. The Dark Lord must die, and he would stop at nothing to achieve his ends. 

"My loyal servants" hissed Voldemort "It has come to my attention that Dumbledore has brought together a force to halt our advances" he explained "They have been expecting us. It seems as though you have become...predictable"

"M-My Lord" a short bearded man began to stutter 

"Silence!" commanded Voldemort "You Parkinson are in no position to talk" he hissed "You failed to provide me with the information I so seeked" 

"B-But my lord, you see the girl-"

"Crucio!" 

Regulus clenched his jaw as the screams of the man rung through the room echoing off of the walls, he sounded like he was in pure agony. As though a thousand tiny white knives were piercing his skin, like his organs were being twisted and pulled. Eventually the screaming stopped and the man was left writhing on the floor whimpering in pain. 

"Severus" spoke the waxy man again "You have done well" he nodded in approval. "Your potion worked, and the healer is dead" he smiled a sinister smile eyes gleaming sadistically "Bellatrix" The wild haired woman looked up eager for the approval and acknowledgement of the dark Lord, making it hard for Regulus to refrain from scoffing. "Your prisoners. Kill them."

"Yes My Lord" she nodded 

"Rodolphus" hissed the man "Assist your wife. Do what you will with them"

"As you wish My Lord"

"And Regulus Black" spoke the man "You will spend this year getting information for me. And eventually disposing of one of our biggest obstacles"

"Who is it my Lord?"

"Eloise Potter."

Regulus' face drained of all colour, he couldn't hurt El. He simply did not have it in him to murder anyone, let alone Eloise, he couldn't, he won't. He would always protect her no matter what. So it was in this moment that he knew he had no choice anymore. He had to find a way to destroy The Dark Lord. And he had to do it soon. But it was also this very moment that Regulus knew, this would probably cost him his life. But he was okay with that, as long as she got to live. So the boy simply nodded, which was apparently enough to satisfy Voldemort as he turned away to someone else. Regulus' heart beat at a rapid pace as he thought about his friend. He had to tell her, to warn her, he couldn't have her risking her life anymore, she needed to be protected. But why did Voldemort want her of all people?

He was determined to protect El, to defeat or help defeat Voldemort. But first..he had to work out how. 

Eloise once said in passing that he should have been put in Hufflepuff, but in this moment it was clear that Regulus Arcturus Black was a Slytherin through and through. He was strong minded and determined, cunning and ambitious and he would use any means to get what he wants, even if it was his life. Some might argue that he was brave for standing up to the dark lord and he had the bravery of a Gryffindor. But thats not true. Regulus was brave yes, but not all Gryffindors are brave and heroic like they are stereotyped to be, just like not all Slytherins are evil and cunning. Regulus Black is the epitome of bravery, of a boy who broke all stereotypes for the Slytherin house. Just like a certain Gryffindor would soon come to show how they too are not all that they are painted out to be. 

Gryffindors can be cowards too. Just ask Peter Pettigrew. 

a/n2- just to clarify Peter isn't a snitch yet.