"Woah, stop right there," says Uncle Larry. "Kids? How long have you known them?"

"Four years. I've been with them for three."

"And why do you keep saying them? You're not talking about- oh what's her name?" Dad questions next trying to think of Jhené.

"Jhené."

"Yeah, her. What happened to you two?"

"I broke up with her, but it's a lot more complicated than that."

I hear Uncle Larry sigh. "Well I understand you got a show later on so do you wanna make this quick or just come back tomorrow?" It would be ideal of me to come back tomorrow and keep stalling until I find a way to best explain this to them. As much as I don't want to do it, I'm going to take him up on that because I really got to go get ready for this show.

"I'll just come back tomorrow morning. Dad will you still be here?"

"I sure will," he responds.

Nodding my head, I get up from my seat at the table and start heading for the exit. I tell dad and Uncle Larry bye and that I'll see them tomorrow before heading out.

As I get in the car, I grab onto the steering wheel tight and let out a heavy sigh frustrated with myself. I truly wanted to tell them today, but I guess I wasn't ready. And maybe this wasn't the right moment. I'm only in town for another day so if I don't tell them now then it'll probably be another few months before I get around to it and I can't keep something like this a secret for much longer.

I start the car and pull out of the driveway on my way to the Toyota Center. I'm sure dad and Uncle Larry are wondering how complicated my situation is and do they need to start worrying. Shit, I could probably write a whole book about it because it's going to take time to explain. But I know I need to be a man about this and go ahead and come clean before I take the next steps with Rocky.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the morning after the first show. After getting myself something to eat I drive back to Uncle Larry's house. I want to give myself as much as time as possible to explain everything before I have to leave tonight. I thought about how I was going to say everything after last night's show, and with Rocky's help, I'm officially ready to tell them now.

I pull up into the driveway once again, shutting the car off and getting out. As I walk up towards the front I see Uncle Larry with a cup of coffee sitting in a chair on the porch like he's waiting for me, which he probably was.

"Hey, A," he greets me.

"Hey, Uncle Larry," I greet him back. It's quiet between us for a few seconds until he breaks it.

"Your father's in the living room. Are you ready?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I respond. He gets up from his seat asking if I had anything to eat. I tell him I did before he walks in the house with me not too far behind.

As Uncle Larry said, my dad is sitting on the couch watching television. He looks over at us walking in as I close and lock the door.

"Hey, son," he greets me as he turns off the screen. I greet him back as we give each other a hug. I take my seat on the couch next to dad while Uncle Larry goes to the loveseat and sits setting his cup on the coffee table.

"Okay now, Aubrey," starts Uncle Larry. "I want you to explain everything you feel comfortable telling us. We are not here to judge or get angry with you. We all are family here and know that we love you no matter what you're about to say." I feel dad reach over to squeeze my hand giving reassurance. I look over at him to see a slight smile on his face and nod his head.