"I've been good. Come on in. I'm sure Dennis will be glad to know you're here."

Oh shit. "Wait, dad's here?" I ask while he closes the door. I must be hard of hearing because I know he didn't say my dad is here.

"Yeah, he's out back. I was actually in the kitchen fixing us something to drink when you arrived. You want anything?"

I shake my head. "Nah, I'm good." He goes back to fixing the drinks while I lean on the island. I still can't believe dad is actually here. I was hoping it would just be Uncle Larry and I so we could talk in private. Although I could look at it as knocking two birds out with one stone. I don't have to push it off any longer since I can sit them both down and tell them to their faces.

"So what brings you by, A?" Uncle Larry asks me using his nickname for me as he finishes making the drinks.

"Well I'm on tour right now and we're in Houston a couple days so I figured I stop by to see you," I tell him saying only half the truth.

"Well that's good. How's the tour going?" He points his head towards the back door letting me know to follow him. He picks up the glasses as I follow in behind him towards the back of the house.

"It's been going good. The money's still coming in and the fans are crazy as usual, but I love it."

He laughs as he nods his head agreeing with what I'm saying. "Yeah, I remember those days. Can you get the door for me?" I do what he says letting him go first then closing the door after us. We walk over the shade area and there my dad is sitting with a white hat on his head while on his phone.

"D, look who's here?" Dad looks up from his phone to see Uncle Larry and I coming towards him.

"Oh hey, son," he says as he puts his phone down to stand up.

"Hey, dad," I greet him as we give each other a quick hug.

"I didn't expect you to be here."

"Yeah, I could say the same about you. What are you doing here?" I ask him as we take our seats.

"I just came to visit my brother for a bit. I'm not in town for anything special. What about you?" I tell him the same thing I told Uncle Larry. When I do we all get to having a conversation about the tour, memories from back in the day, and other topics on our minds.

~~~~~~~~~~

At this point, I've been here for over an hour. I really need to get back to the city but I can't without telling them what's going on. It's stressful, but I need to do this not only for myself, but for Rocky and my kids.

I see dad and Uncle Larry about to get up until I call them out. "Dad, Uncle Larry, hold on a minute."

"Yes, what is it, son?" Dad asks me.

"Can you guys sit down a minute? I need to talk to talk to y'all about something." They both have a look of worry on their faces before sitting back down with me.

"Is everything alright with you, A?" Uncle Larry asks concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just- Uncle Larry I didn't come out here just to visit you. I need to talk to you about something important. Same with you, dad. I honestly didn't expect you to be here, but since you are I might as well tell both of you."

"Well, say it, son," speaks Dad. "I'm sure whatever it is it's not the end of the world." Uncle Larry nods his head in agreement.

Looking at both of them I pray quickly to myself before I start. "I've been seeing somebody for a while, a long while. I really love them. I haven't treated them the best and I regret that, but I seriously do love them and I'm even talking about wanting kids with them-"