Laying it all Out There

I brushed my hand over the bag under my arm, confirming once again that the notebook was still in it. Keeping my hand in place, I gave the streets a kick glance to make sure I was where I thought I was. Something about walking alone made me feel oddly lost, I definitely wasn't going to make going out without Akamaru a habit, but I knew that I needed to do this alone.

I needed to keep focused; I had too many questions that I needed answers to, and, sure, maybe I should've given her a heads up that I needed to talk, but hopefully there would be a logical, simple explanation and we could both just move on with our lives as normal.

But I also had the sense that it wasn't going to be simple, things were never simple with her and Sakura. I just had to hope that this was a 'not simple' that I could handle. Knocking on Hinata's apartment door, I adjusted my posture so that it wasn't too obvious that I was anxious out of my mind; man, Akamaru would have been really helpful right now.

My apprehension partially evaporated when she opened the door, her face lighting up when she saw me, "Kiba? Hey."

I couldn't help but smile at how cute she was, "Hey, you aren't busy, are you?"

"Not really, was taking a break from my training." her head tilted slightly to the side, probably curious as to what I wanted. She stepped back to let me in, and I closed the door behind me.

"Great, just thought I'd drop by to make sure you weren't working yourself to death." No point in demanding answers as soon as I got to the door. I scanned the room to see a pile of books seated on the coffee table, "Why are you even bothering to work so hard at it, you're way overqualified."

She gave a mildly affronted huff, walking back out into the living room, "You can't assume that anything is going to be easy."

I winced, that statement feeling a little too close to the problem I was currently facing. Electing to ignore that for the moment, I wrapped my arms around her and smirked, "What else should I expect from you."

She squirmed in my grip, turning around to pout at me, "I can't play around right now."

"But I came here to see you!" I mock complained, hugging her even tighter.

"C'mon let me go." her stoicism was beginning to break with a smile as she tried to push me away from her.

"Already?" I laid my head on her shoulder, effectively pinning one of her hands,

She let out an exasperated sigh that clearly didn't have as much annoyance in it as she wanted. I could tell she was looking for a distraction, but, then again, so was I. Pulling her with me, I flopped onto the couch with her ending up under my arm. She let out a small surprised noise before sitting up and glaring at me.

"What?" I grinned innocently at her, riling her up was too much fun.

She poked me in the side, "You're distracting me."

I quickly shielded my sides from any more attacks before making my argument, "You just said that you were taking a break, or are breaks for you a maximum of five minutes long?"

"I was taking a break from the difficult stuff to read the easier stuff." she crossed her arms over her chest. I met her scowl with an unimpressed look of my own until she huffed again and flopped over my legs, "Fine... I'll take a break."

While I was expecting that response, I wasn't expecting the sudden physical contact from her, and I stared down at her for a moment as I tried to think of what to do. With a sigh, I began to brush my fingers through her hair, "You're stressed out about it, aren't you."