The Return

I turned on the oven with a sigh; guess I should get to making the lemon squares before the Raikage throws a fit. I had barely gotten the ingredients on the counter when I heard a knock on the door. A low growl from Akamaru came from the living room followed by a "shut up" from Kiba.

With a laugh, I went to answer the door, opening it to find, to my shock, Choji.

"Hey, Sakura." he smiled.

"Hi, um... can I help you?" I asked in confusion.

My question was met by an equally bewildered frown, "Didn't you say that you wanted to bake sometime?"

"I mean- I did, but," I laughed awkwardly, "I didn't think you'd actually want to."

"Your words exactly were, 'Oh, yeah, I bake. Who knows, maybe sometime we could make something together. I usually bake in the mornings.'" Choji parroted.

"It's fine!" I said quickly, "We can; it's just that most people don't seem to want to spend time with me. I guess I wasn't thinking that you were serious."

Choji's frown became more sympathetic, "Well, I'm here; I wouldn't be if I didn't want to bake with you."

I smiled, "Awesome, I was just about to make some more lemon squares."

Choji stepped in excitedly, "That sounds really good!"

We both went excitedly to the kitchen, Choji looking over the ingredients excitedly.

"Akamaru, shut the fuck up," I heard Kiba's exhausted sigh from the living room, "It's Choji; you literally know it's him."

I peeked in to see Kiba with Akamaru laying over him, the dog letting out intermittent growls and huffs. Choji peeked curiously in as well, and Akamaru turned away like he was angry at Kiba being proved right. Kiba gave a small wave, Choji waving back before the both of us went back into the kitchen where I started to measure out the dry ingredients.

Choji picked up the recipe, sliding the eggs over to himself to begin counting them out, "What's Kiba here for?"

"Apparently to do all my science homework." I griped, smiling at the way Choji's brow furrowed, "He's just here to relax; just forget that he's here."

Choji nodded, beginning to mix up the wet ingredients, "These for any specific thing?"

"Some for me; some for the Raikage." I shrugged.

Choji gawked at me, "You've been contacting the Raikage?"

"Yep!" I grinned, happily stirring away, "Turns out he really likes lemon squares."

"You're making more lemon squares!?" Sasuke almost jumped down the entire flight of stairs as he excitedly tore into the kitchen, freezing in place as he and Choji made eye contact.

"Um... hey, Sasuke," Choji greeted, "What brings you here?"

"I live here." Sasuke frowned.

Choji turned to me wide-eyed, "You live with Sasuke? Wasn't he your crush!?"

Sasuke marched up to his counter, slamming his hands on it firmly, "We don't think that way about each other!" he asserted, "We're like brother and sister!"

"Yeah," I nodded adamantly, "There's no way I'd date Sasuke!"

"I already have a girlfriend anyways! Wait-" Sasuke glared at me, "What the hell does that mean!?"

"I'm dating Shino!" I defended.

Choji, who was glancing between us in bemusement, spluttered, "You're dating Shino!?"