The End of Pain

I squinted my eyes as I regained consciousness, the smell of the ocean cluing me in to who was carrying me.

"You awake now Pearl?" Takumi asked, shifting me on his back as we walked through the halls of the hospital.

"Yeah," I rubbed at my eyes, "Are we going to be debriefed soon?"

"Yep," he grinned, "I'm taking you to the room now."

"Do you know how everyone else is? I couldn't really pay attention to Lady Tsunade." I mumbled.

"Noone's died and stayed dead." he replied, "And I think any of the 'casualties' were civilian." he smiled, "Don't worry, all of your friends made it out alive. You're being debriefed with them."

"Thanks." I resettled my arms around Takumi's neck, "Also thanks for guarding me, you did a really good job."

"No problem." he dismissed, "I'm more than happy to help you."

"You really don't need to-"

"Please." he insisted, "You know why I'm helping you, and I don't intend on stopping."

He paused at a door, setting me down in front of it, "I'll chill out here. I've already met your Hokage, and been debriefed and all that."

I walked into the room, instantly running to hug Shino, "Oh my god, you're okay!"

"Of course." he hugged me back, "You gave me very specific instructions to 'not die'."

I pulled back, looking to the hospital bed in the room to see Tenten sitting there. She was carding her hands through Kiba's hair, who was currently curled up in her lap and sleeping. She flushed as she noticed me.

"Did everything go according to plan?" she asked, obviously trying to prevent any questioning or teasing.

"Yep!" I smiled walking over and pulling up a chair next to the bed.

She smiled back, and I was about to ask her more about her experience until the door opened, revealing Naruto and Sasuke on the other side. I jumped up ecstatically, arms wide to receive my hug from Naruto, who plowed into me and picked me up off the ground with the intensity of the embrace.

"Did we really do it?" he mumbled into my shoulder, "Is it really over?"

I rubbed his back, realizing that now all of the excitement was over he would most likely have to have a proper grieving time, "It is, you did it."

Sasuke walked over and wrapped his arms around the both of us, "You better believe you did it."

He stepped back, looking at the hospital bed with a quirked brow before a mischievous smirk spread across his face. He ran over and jumped onto the bed with the intent to make it rock as much as possible. Kiba sat up with a jolt and a confused cry.

"Sasuke!" Tenten reprimanded.

Sasuke just smirked down at Kiba who looked around in bewilderment for a moment before locking eyes with him in a piercing glare.

"Dick." he grumbled.

"'Morning sleeping beauty." Sasuke greeted.

"Asshole." Kiba fully sat up with a reluctant smile, it formed into a genuine grin as he noticed Naruto, "You did it man!"

Naruto smiled shyly, "Yeah?"

Kiba held up a hand for a fist bump, "Hell yeah you did!"

Naruto accepted the gesture, "I guess I did."

Lee and Neji made their way into the room, Neji letting out a relieved sigh as Lee walked over to the bed. He made a move to jump onto it, which Kiba, Tenten, and Sasuke immediately dissuaded.