Apologies are Nice

I stood outside of my apartment, enjoying the fresh air and the little alone time I would get today before things got uncomfortable. I heard the familiar sound of barking, and Akamaru came skidding around the corner and up to my feet. I bent down to pet him, glancing up to see Kiba approaching me.

I stood up fully, and we both stared at each other awkwardly for a moment.

"Um, hey." Kiba scratched behind his head.

"Hi." I looked at the ground.

"What did ya wanna talk about?" he shoved his hands into his pockets.

I took a deep breath, "Well, I would like you to come to lunch with me, Sakura, and Naruto."

"Seems like an odd group." Kiba quirked an eyebrow.

"That's just it. Do you want to talk to me about your fight with Naruto?" I nervously played with my sleeves; I wasn't sure how to handle this.

"What's there to talk about?" he frowned. He wasn't just going to ignore it was he?

"Oh, I don't know: the egregious bodily harm and the harsh words that were exchanged." I folded my arms over my chest.

"That was nothing." Kiba gave a bitter laugh, looking off to the side, "It didn't bother me too much."

I was officially ticked off now. Kiba had barely time to react before I punched him in the gut.

"Ow! Hey! What the hell Hinata!?" He wrapped his arms protectively around himself.

"'It didn't bother me too much'? There's your problem! You don't realize how your fight affected Naruto!" I got right in his face, jabbing a finger into his chest, "You called him a failure!" He averted his eyes with something almost like a pout on his face.

"I didn't-"

"It doesn't matter what you meant! You told him he was a failure, and that is something he is very insecure about. You have no idea what you've done to him mentally."

"We were in the middle of a fight and-"

"Believe me, I'm not completely unreasonable." I stepped back from him, "But you still need to apologize."

"But! He should-"

"'But' nothing! No matter what his response is or whether or not he apologizes too, you need to be the better person." I placed my hands on my hips.

He gave a dramatic sigh.

"Fine... when are we going?"

"Right now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard a knock on my door and excitedly skipped over to answer it. Throwing it open, I immediately latched onto Naruto, fluffing his hair.

"Hey, Sakura!" he laughed as I pulled him inside.

"Hello, my husband!" I sat down on my couch and patted the cushion next to me. He sat down happily.

"What's up?" he tilted his head adorably.

"We're going to lunch!" I pointed authoritatively to the sky.

"Awesome!" he fist pumped.

"But, before we do that, we need to talk." I gave him my most motherly glare.

"Um... okay?" he shrank a little, "Did I do something wrong?"

"Do you really have to ask that?" I huffed, legitimate anger slipping into my tone.