On the Rocks

I sprinted up behind Naruto and took a flying leap onto his back, causing him to let out a startled shriek.

"Hello my husband!" I shouted happily.

"Hey, Sakura!" He replied after calming down.

"Are you excited for today?" I asked, getting off of his back.

"What's happening today?" He tilted his head to the side.

"You're training with Jiraiya! Duh!" I rolled my eyes, "And Hina's gonna join us!"

In my latest scheme, I was going to ensure that Hinata would not abandon me by occupying as much of her time as possible. I knew that she would come to find me after what I did, which would give me an opening to make sure she'd come with us. I had plenty of distractions to lead her along. All I needed was for her to show up.

"Hinata?" he was further confused, "Why would she come?"

"She's a valuable asset to your training! She could teach you some things." I scolded.

"She's kinda scary though." Naruto shrank down a little.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," I waved a dismissive hand, "she's not that ba-"

I paused when I saw Naruto tense beside me, I followed his gaze as a veritable cloud of darkness moved toward us.

Hinata was calmly walking toward me with a strange look on her face. It was entirely neutral, way too neutral, but behind it burned a cold fury that blazed within her glassy white eye. It was almost comical when she finally reached us.

"Hello, Sakura." Her tone was so painfully casual it was hilarious. Naruto's eyes flickered between us.

"Hello zom-bae!" I chirped, "Sorry for grabbing your arm the other day! I was out of line!" I turned on my heel to start heading to where we would meet Jiraiya.

"Sakura, we need to ta-"

"Do you know what we're doing today!?" I excitedly turned back to her with a bounce.

"Yeah, we're going to ta-"

"I'm going to train with Jiraiya!" Naruto excitedly answered for me, seemingly forgetting the uncomfortable tension boiling between the lines of our dialogue. I saw Hinata's face shift to confusion and then recognition.

"You're going to see Jiraiya!?" she excitedly asked. Perfect, this was going well.

"Yeah! We're going to him now!" Naruto cheerfully explained, "Are you coming with us?"

"I mean, I originally came here to-"

"Are you coming or not!?" I teased.

She glared at me before rolling her eyes.

"I actually was going to go see-"

"I know you want to." I called out.

"Fine! I'll go." She grumbled as she started walking with us, "While we walk, Sakura, I really think we should-"

"Play a game?"

"No."

"I like games!" Naruto butt in.

"Sakura, please-"

"I spy with my little eye..." I looked around the road, "Something... blue!"

"Sky!" Naruto shouted.

"Nope!"

"Uh... that store?"

"Nope."

"Um... the river?"