Dates, Sparring, and Anger Issues

"C'mon, Sakura! Tell us what happened!" Jerry cried as I desperately tried to shove my lunch into my bag.

"Nothing, 'happened'!" I huffed, feeling my face heat up.

"You're blushing!" Ben pointed an accusatory finger at me, "She's totally blushing!"

Gaara poked his head into the kitchen, confused and a little frazzled from all the noise.

"What's... going on?" he asked quietly.

"She went on a date!" Sasuke slammed his backpack onto the counter angrily, "And she won't admit it!"

"It wasn't a 'date'!" I defended, waving my hands in the air dismissively.

"Did you go somewhere?" Jerry pressed.

"Yes." I frowned.

"With a boy?" Ben added.

"Yes." I said in a quieter tone.

"Did you ask him 'do you want to go on a date'?" Sasuke glared at me, seemingly in full interrogation mode.

"Yes." I said almost in a whisper, "I- I mean no! No! None of that happened!" I gripped my hair in my hands, "Arg! Now I know how Hina feels!" I kinda felt really guilty now for bothering her so much about that, having people pry into your business was no fun!

"Who?" Sasuke tried to step in front of me as I grabbed my bag and made a move for the door.

"Do we need to beat anybody up?" Ben pressed.

"Why is this such a big deal?" Gaara said, making concerned eye contact with me.

I gestured to him in a 'See?" type of way.

"Jeremiah, I wouldn't expect you to understand." Jerry said, patting him on the head, "But young ladies simply need to be protected when they go into the dating scene."

"Who!?" Sasuke repeated as I marched past him and to the door.

"I'm not telling! Besides, nothing bad happened anyways!" I huffed, slamming the door behind me despite the fact that Sasuke was supposed to come with me.

He soon caught up to me, glaring at me intensely, "Seriously, what did he do?'

"Nothing!" I cried, "Why do you think something bad happened!?"

"Because you won't talk about it!" he accused, "You always avoid things when they're bad!"

I couldn't find the proper words to respond to that because the logic was there, "Well, this time it's different." I pouted.

We finally arrived at the training grounds where Kurenai was waiting for us, offering the perfect opportunity to drop this conversation.

"Is Kakashi late?" I asked with a touch of knowing humor.

Kurenai shook her head good naturedly, "Always late that one. Okay boys, they're here now." she called out, and I saw Kiba, Shino, and some boy I didn't recognize stand up and walk over to us. God, I couldn't even look at him. I'd start laughing! So, instead, I turned my attention elsewhere.

"Who's the new kid?" I leaned to the side to get a better look at the unfamiliar face.

I had to look down slightly to make eye contact with him as he was a shorter boy, possibly shorter than Naruto even.

He brushed the few stray strands of warm brown hair that weren't tied back in his braid out of his face before he extended a hand, "I'm Izumi Nishikawa." he smiled, a happy glint passing through his hazel eyes.