Decisions Have Been Made

I woke up suddenly from a horrific dream. I blinked, rubbing my eye and trying to erase the images of blood and destruction from my mind. I looked to the bed beside me, remembering that I had asked Hanabi not to come into my room. Guilt crawled its way into my chest as I realized what I was about to do.

A knock on the window grabbed my attention. Tayuya glared at me from the window, gesturing for me to come outside. I rolled my eyes, standing up and stretching. I winced at the various horrific cracking sounds my joints made. I really was falling apart.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed out a bag, grabbing a few pairs of clothes and shoving them inside. I picked up Oswald and my oboe, a few books and my medical kit, as well as my sketchbook. Ripping a piece of paper from a notepad, I wrote down a final note to explain the situation.

It's not like I wanted to leave. Of course I didn't fucking want to! But the truth was that I was dying, and this was the only way I knew of that would even partially guarantee my survival. I couldn't just lay down and die because it was the easiest thing to do, that would end up hurting everybody even more. I knew that people would be hurt, but I couldn't tell anyone that I was leaving. They would most likely try and stop me, which would just seal my fate.

I walked out into the kitchen and left the notes on the counter. I felt like an utter shitbag. Shakily, I went into Hanabi's room, silently walking over. She looked so peaceful. I held back tears, realizing that this was going to hurt her immensely. I bent over and kissed her on the forehead.

"Te quiero, mija." I whispered, moving out of her room quickly.

I then stopped by Neji's room, once again moving silently to his bedside.

"Take care of yourself, mijo." I whispered as I bent over to kiss him on his head.

I took a deep breath and walked out. So many thoughts were rushing through my mind. Was this truly my only option? Should I just stay? Could Tsunade do something to fix me? Should I leave my house keys here or not?

I looked down at the keys in my hand, sighing and placing them next to the note on the counter. I rechecked my bag one last time to make sure I had everything.

I opened my front door as quietly as I could manage, meeting the Sound Four on the other side.

"Took you long enough." Sakon scoffed.

"Take the attitude and shove it." I hissed. He blinked in surprise at my reaction.

"Seriously, though," Tayuya pressed, "We need to get out of here before we are seen."

"Yeah, yeah." I waved an annoyed hand as I began limping towards the gates of Konoha.

"What the fuck is up with you?" Sakon whispered angrily, "What's up with the slow pace?"

"I'm dying." I shrugged, "Why do you think I'm coming with you?"

Jirobo walked up behind me and threw me over his shoulder. I resisted the urge to scream in anger over being handled in such a way, "You better watch it buddy." I growled dangerously.

"I apologize." He stated.

"We don't have any more time." Sakon insisted, "Let's move."

As soon as we were safely outside of Konaha's gates, I was finally set down again.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked unenthusiastically.

"This one has quite the attitude." Kidomaru mused.

"Wonder why he chose her?" Tayuya asked.

"Doesn't seem very special to me." Sakon scoffed.

"Her appearance makes her unassuming." Jirobo noted.

I stood there and listened to them talk about me like I wasn't there, arms crossed, wholly unimpressed. I cleared my throat, "Plan!?"

"Oh, yeah, we're getting to that." Sakon fished around in his pockets, pulling out a pill "Eat this and get in the barrel."

I actually laughed at how he explained it. They all looked at me in confusion.

"You aren't trying to roofie me or something right?" I chuckled.

"No, it's to mature your seal." Sakon sighed tiredly, "Now eat it and get in."

"You guys are no fun." I grumbled as I popped the pill, immediately feeling a strange sensation pass over me, "Damn... that's trippy..." I mumbled.

"Hurry, get her in. I don't want to hang around here too long." Tayuya grabbed me by the shoulders and guided me towards the barrel.

"Alright, let's head out." was the last thing I heard before I was sealed in darkness, filled with the strange sensations of the pill.

As I began to drift out of consciousness, I hoped that this whole process would go down as smoothly and calmly as possible.

Boy could I have not been more wrong.