Chapter 3

"What about?" I asked.

"Can we talk in private?" He glanced at Amelia and Mark, no Hi how are you, nothing.

I sighed and stood up.

"You can say it in front of us." Mark told him, in a not so friendly tone.

Matt looked at him and shrugged. "Fine."

How did we end up here? How did best friends go from doing everything together, to this, hardly speaking, not being able to stand the sight of eachother.

"Amber told me she ran into you the other day."

I inwardly groaned, I hadn't ran into Amber the other day, I hadn't seen her for awhile.

"And of course everything Amber says is gospel." Mark butted in.

"This has nothing to do with you Mark." Matt snapped at him.

I'd had enough, I'd been here ten minutes and it was time to go.

"Matt you use to be cool, we were friends but now." Mark said. "Fame went to your head, you've forgotten where you came from."

"Fuck off. All I want is for her." Matt pointed at me. "Too leave my girlfriend alone."

"Fine." I said stiffly.

"I have no interest in you Adrienne, so stop saying I do."

So the latest was Matt had a thing for me, that thought made me sick, at this point in time just the sight of him repulsed me.

"Fine." I said again.

"I can't believe you." Amelia hissed. "You don't listen to a word Adrienne says, she's been your friend for years but that obviously means nothing to you."

I was shocked, this was the first time either of them had intervened, I guess they'd had enough too.

"I just want her to leave us alone. I have no interest in you, I never will." He spat at me.

"Fine." I said again, standing up. "Let's just go guys."

They nodded and stood up.

"Good idea." Matt said. "I'm not really sure why your even here."

I looked at him, straight at him. "Neither am I."

I walked out and Amelia and Mark followed. None of us spoke a word until we were outside away from the house.

"How did such a great guy turn into such an asshole?" Amelia asked.

I couldn't answer, I just shook my head and wiped at the tears running down my face.

"And please." Mark said, putting his arm around me. "Everyone knows Adrienne could do better than him."

I laughed. "I don't date assholes."

"Ha and unfortunately Mr Matthew Sanders is the king of assholes." Amelia added.

"Let's hit a bar." Mark suggested.

That sounded like the perfect idea to me.

As we got in the car I glanced back at the house, in my mind I was saying goodbye to my old friends, it didn't matter what had happened, I would still miss them.