Chapter 62

Amelia's POV 

So we'd moved waiting rooms. We were now in the one on the critical care floor but we were still sitting around waiting.

Matt was in with Adrienne and while I understood he needed to see her, I also needed to see her and I was beginning to get a little pissed at Matt for being selfish, well that was until he walked in.

He looked like a tired little boy. He looked exhausted, upset and done and I instantly felt bad about the things I'd thought.

"How is she?" I asked him.

He looked at me and shook his head. "Bad."

He spoke so softly I barely heard him.

"We can come back tomorrow."

"I can't see her?" I asked.

He shook his head again. "In the morning."

I glanced at my watch, it was already nearly 2am.

"Let's get you home." Zack said standing up.

Matt nodded and just stood there looking lost.

I had wanted see her, I'd needed to see her, but now I'd have to wait.

We all headed to the elevator and out to the cars.

Zack drove mine and as we arrived at Matt's he got out.

"Babe I'm worried about him, I just want to make sure he's okay."

Zack was right, Matt was a mess and we needed to make sure he got into bed okay.

We all went inside and Matt stood there, it was like he didn't even know where he was.

"Matt." I said softly, touching his arm. "Why don't you go and have a shower?"

"Yeah." He said wandering off.

"This is a complete fuck up." Zack said, looking at me. "I've never seen him like this."

"He'll be okay."

"Yeah, as long as Adrienne's okay." He said, wrapping his arm's around me.

I layed my head on his chest. I was exhausted too.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, kissing me softly.

"Just sad, poor Adrienne."

We stayed like that until Matt walked back in. "I'm going to bed."

"We'll pick you up in the morning." Zack told him.

He looked at Zack and nodded then turned away. But not before I saw the look on his face.

"Matt." I said walking over and hugging him.

He didn't reply, he just hugged me back and cried softly on my shoulder.

We stood like that for a few minutes until he pulled back and looked at me.

"I can't lose her."

"You won't, she'll be fine."

He just shrugged and turned, heading to his room.

This was bad, this was so bad.

"We should stay here." I suggested to Zack.

He nodded in agreement. "I was thinking the same thing."

As we got ready for bed I thought about Matt. He seems so devastated, so lost, almost like she was already dead.

What the hell had he seen when he went in too see Adrienne?